Author Topic: Trying to get authority to enforce the law  (Read 6022 times)

Offline karenr

Trying to get authority to enforce the law
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 17:09:46 PM »
Struggling to dp the PM. Please contact me. I believe my email is in my details.:D

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 17:34:58 PM »
Just mailed you :)

Offline simpsons

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 17:56:40 PM »
Originally posted by Crabbit

And he is correct, you won`t beat them, You are a foreigner, it is THEIR country, they can do what they like, you can do as you are told, or accept the consequences.

[/quote
What these people seem to forget is that it is mainly foreign money and tourism that built this town. If it was not for holiday makers and Ex Pats, where would the average turkish person in these resorts be? I think the authorities need to treat Ex Pats and holiday makers with a bit more respect, as we are paying their wages. That's my beef.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 17:58:44 PM by simpsons »

Offline karenr

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 18:08:47 PM »
Thank you Mary.I have emailed you and linked in Gerry..fingers crossed.... your a star...bless you x

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 19:14:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

What these people seem to forget is that it is mainly foreign money and tourism that built this town. If it was not for holiday makers and Ex Pats, where would the average turkish person in these resorts be? I think the authorities need to treat Ex Pats and holiday makers with a bit more respect, as we are paying their wages. That's my beef.

Do you honestly believe that they care what you or any non-turk thinks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 19:25:27 PM »
I saw something similar in the UK but with lorries parking overnight outside people's homes. In that case they weren't breaking the law but it was obviously causing problems to the residents of the road. What they did was park their cars on the road in such a way that they were legally parked, easy enough for cars to weave through but a real pain for lorries to negotiate. The lorries soon found another street to park up in for the night.

Offline karenr

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 19:50:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crabbit

quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

Do you honestly believe that they care what you or any non-turk thinks.

Any thing is worth a try. Im not nieve enougth to think  non Turks will be listened to, no different to a minority of complainers from a different country back here. At the same time we are not as dependant on tourism so I hope this may help. If not sounds like I will have to hire a tank and block them all in He...he

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 20:16:16 PM »
Well Simpson and Crabbit a little more faith!!:D

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 22:41:15 PM »
At last a minor result. Two Traffik Jandarma that were on duty in Hisaranou gave me a parking ticket and after having had a moan they came up to my villa and issued 5 parking tickets to buses that were parked illegally. They have promised to come back in a few days and take more action where necessary.

Another trip to the mayor with a petition signed by 30 people proved to be a waste of time. I am sending a copy to the Governor in Mugla. A friend of a friend who is a Turkish Lawyer has advised me to send it to the Tourist ministry. He reckons the ministry will take it very seriously as it could impact on Turkish tourism and they may be concerned that we 30 could take it to the UK press.

Offline Bouncer

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 23:22:49 PM »
i wish you would spell Hisaronu correctly,you live there.
Bloody foreigners!!!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf