Author Topic: Harman Hotel  (Read 7551 times)

Offline tombo5609

Harman Hotel
« on: May 27, 2009, 05:31:53 AM »
As a resident of Fethiye but a new member to this forum I would just like to relate an incident that happened at the Harman Hotel last Saturday.
I had been invited to a wedding of a young couple at the above hotel and all went well until the end of the evening. There were about 10 people from UK and about 15 Turkish people and everyone was buying there own drinks from the bar and a buffet was provided by the hotel.
There were other guests at the hotel going to the bar at the same time.
At the end of the evening the manager presented the family with a bill for drinks that nobody knew anything about and the young groom asked everyone about these drinks and when nobody could remember having them them it was of course disputed.
What happened then was unbelievable. All the guests where told to leave the hotel. The young bride and groom where told to pay all there bill immediately and go and get there bags even though they were booked in for four days.
I had to witness the sad spectacle of a young bride and groom in tears at 11pm with nowhere to go on her wedding night as the doors were locked behind her.
As a resident of fethiye I have always told people of the hospitality of the Turkish people. I have changed my mind.

Offline tombo5609

Harman Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:42 AM »
As an add on to the previous post, the bride was still in her wedding gown as she stood outside.
What a day to remember for the rest of your life!!!.

Offline harmanhotel

Harman Hotel
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 19:36:01 PM »
Since 1998, Harman Hotel has well-known with its hospitality and its dedication to make our very valuable guests happy. For ten years, Harman Hotel has been operating 12 months and win everyone's approval with its consistent quality of service. Harman Hotel is one of the fewest places where you can find the lights on in a Calis winter.

Harman Hotel is also sensible to its environment. The hotel, which has been run by the owners not by seasonal contractors, is strictly against the all-inclusive board of accomodation and supports the tradespeople in Calis. Harman Hotel is one of the two
poster sponsors of CALIS CARNIVAL 2009. Moreover, the hotel has proudly compensated the renovation and face-lifting of Fethiye Rest Home which is located inner Calis.

Here in this point, we are very disappointed to be the subject of such MISLEADING COMMANDS. For a resident of Fethiye, having Harman Hotel as the very first command in the forum is thought-provoking. That night the staff was well-prepared and the wedding area was dressed beautifully. All went perfect till the groom's sisters and brothers deny what they have drinked. While the management decided not to charge anything for the sake of good memories, the groom and his Turkish guests started to question
all the other guests staying in the hotel and blaming them on drinking under the wedding account. To prevent any possible arguments, the hotel staff had to kindly request the wedding party leave the hotel. The bride and the groom was never told to get their bags and leave, but they chose to do so. At the end of the night, no bill for drinks were charged, no doors were locked or no wedding couple was asked to leave. The hotel had to take the action just for the safety of our accomodating guests.

It is very difficult to establish facilities like Harman Hotel that provides job opportunities over 20 people, that works hard to please its guests and that invests to beautify its environment; however, it is very easy to falsify what happened. It is impossible for a hotel that acts like in tombo5609's imagination to survive successfully for over ten years. Please visit us and experience our real hospitality.

Respectfully,

Harman Hotel

Offline Patty

• Poster
Harman Hotel
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »
I for one i'm glad that the Harman hotel has been on and given their side of the story.
We stayed there in April and had a most enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.
We are over in June and this will definitely be one of the places we will spend time at, the pool and garden area are gorgeous. They were building an outside bar whilst we were there, so want to sample a cold efes whilst sat by the pool.
Oh and last but not least, see the lovely staff again.
So keep the efes cool we'll see you soon.
And before anyone asks why we are not staying there, there are 6 of us and we have rented nearby

See you soon

Patty

Offline poppy50

Harman Hotel
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »
Hello

Could not agree more with the Harman's feedback.  Well done for them giving such a constructive answer.  Looking forward to calling in and like always experiencing a good welcome and a drink in their pool bar.

Offline tombo5609

Harman Hotel
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:49:38 AM »
Hi,
    I have just read the Harman Hotels response to my post and whilst I am not going to respond to the events as I was only a guest and it is not my affair. The guests have now returned to UK so cannot respond themselves.

I can however assure you that I and my wife stood on the entrance of the hotel with five other people as the doors were locked and the bride stood in tears in her wedding gown.

There is no excuse for the conduct of this hotel and any professional management would have handled it differently.

I have no axe to grind with the hotel and in fact until this affair had never been inside the place.

I do however think that no hotel or establishment should get away with this behaviour without it being mentioned.

Offline harmanhotel

Harman Hotel
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:31 AM »
We believe that a person who was only a guest and does not know what was happening inside, should not judge the management's approach. Groom's family has pushed the limits so much and even threatened some guests from UK who were staying at the hotel at that time. The management has behaved as professional as possible and handled the problem for the welfare of both parties.

Nobody can imagine how harsh we self-critize. After this issue, Harman has already taken all the precautions that will prevent such situations and MISUNDERSTANDINGS. Even if we disagree, we respect every opinion about our enterprise. Mentioning the same matter again and again, without adding anything concrete, will bring no benefits. It is nothing but throwing dirt. The only thing that Harman Hotel can get away with will be its enhanced ability to please its guests. We kindly invite everyone to experience our real hospitality.

Respectfully,

Harman Hotel

Offline Old Daffodil

Harman Hotel
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
Poor little bride!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Harman Hotel
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
Well having read both versions, to me the Harman's sounds far more likely.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Harman Hotel
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »
Could the bride have been crying at the antics of her new in-laws?? [?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf