Author Topic: Burglaries  (Read 2447 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Burglaries
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »
Just a warning for people renting a villa around.  There has been a spate of burglaries, usually when people are on first couple of days of holiday and out for evening.  They,ve been getting in on upstairs balconies, forcing sliding doors, need bolt between 2 doors.  Make sure all valuables are in safe, including ipods, and phones.  People leave so many things lying around.  Also washing has been stolen off lines over night.  Stole all t shirts, but obvoiusly didn,t like her bras and knickers...

Offline scorcher

Burglaries
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
Turkish gamper-snatchers losing the plot...?

Offline ovaciksarah

Burglaries
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »
The girls were actually quite affronted that they didn,t take them, obviously not pretty enough

Offline doody

Burglaries
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »
Hi, I have an apartment in Ovacik and I was burgled on my first night, when we went out to eat in the evening (26th may). I wouldn't recommend putting all your belonging in the safe because they ripped the safe from the wall and took it with them!! I would like to say a big thank you to Jim K from the Kosem Restaurant, Fethiye who returned some belongings that were found near by.

Offline tetmeister

Burglaries
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 20:05:57 PM »
Yep,we had a young grp in a villa opp ours.went out and left a window slightly ajar.got spotted.how,i dont know,but they took £400,and were disturbed b4 taking phones etc.I'd like to see someone get my safe out of my villa,need a bloody big jack hammer!keep vigilant,they are out there and willing to take a chance.Lock everything down,and as Shaw said,"keep em peeled".

Offline mimosachic

Burglaries
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 21:26:04 PM »
Hi, We had a lot of things taken from our apartment to numerous to say

some sentimental and some expensive items,no sign of a break in but we

had some contractors in our apartment supplied by our maintence company.

Also when we was at our apartment ~(21st. May - 30th May things also

went missing,we had contractors once again. We know there are break ins

going on but ours as far as we can see was a inside job. The moral to this we think is don't leave your key with anyone.:(

Offline nigelthebuilder

Burglaries
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 20:22:27 PM »
hi does any body know how you go about getting prescription medication in turkey and is it expensive?thanks-nigel

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Burglaries
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 20:38:44 PM »
Nigelthe builder,
I dont know how you have got this post on a thread about burglaries? Maybe a mod can move it.
Anyhow, a lot of prescription drugs are available over the counter (without prescription) from the eczane (chemist) they are also not too expensive, some being cheaper than a prescription in the UK.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Burglaries
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 22:31:07 PM »
Can't be moved I'm afraid - nigel will have to copy and paste it to another section. Then we can delete the original.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf