Author Topic: accident  (Read 2158 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

accident
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »
Very bad accident on Sunday morning involving a dolmus and 2 cars, on the Dalaman road out of Calis.  On way to my horse, didn,t stop as 3 ambulances etc, but 3 dead on verge and still hadn,t cut out the people in the cars, does anyone know if there were any survivors, as it really upset me, my prayers went out to them all

Offline amanda bullock

accident
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 14:57:29 PM »
that's terrible.

Offline pixie

accident
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 17:00:19 PM »
Hi ovackiksarah
Sadly it was a close friend of our best friends and she and her grandfather were killed instantly.
But the wonderful news is that she was one of the very rare Turkish people who used a baby car seat and her little girl who was travelling in the back was airlifted to Antalya where she was checked over and is now doing really well.  
Hopefully a lesson learnt to the many people here who roll their eyes at us when we insist on using a car seat for our little one.
I hope that made you feel just a teeny bit better - traffic accidents are horrific to witness xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
accident
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 17:44:13 PM »
It's not just child seats, how many people are killed in road accidents in Turkey because they don't put their seatbelt on? English too, they'd never dream of it back home. A seatbelt really can be the difference between a sore body and your death,even at relatively low speeds. It's a hell of a difference your mother or wife having to bring you painkillers compared with having to live the rest of her life without you.

I'm also sad to read this topic, and of course I don't know if they were worn on this occasion. I only wish there could be a change of attitude to using belts over there, as there has been over a long period of time in the UK.

Offline ovaciksarah

accident
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »
Hi Pixie
That,s some good news, glad to hear little one ok.  Thank heavens it was on Sunday, so Dolmus wouldn,t have been full

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf