Author Topic: DIY  (Read 3956 times)

Offline tetmeister

DIY
« on: June 22, 2009, 19:19:58 PM »
Can anyone tell me where to get plastic guttering and fittings in Fethiye,and also the best/cheapest place to buy paint?Need a fair wack of exterior paint,so am looking for a good deal.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
DIY
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 19:26:20 PM »
The best place to buy paint is Goksular Yapi Market (most expats in Fethiye refer to it as B&Q). It might not be the cheapest shop but they've probably got the biggest range in town. As the saying goes " Can you afford to buy the cheapest ? "

There are a couple of places at Karaculha that do plastic guttering. Remind me on Thursday and I'll point them out to you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 19:28:00 PM by KKOB »

Offline tetmeister

DIY
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 19:33:43 PM »
Cheers Alan.Have used Goksular before,and also a shop a bit further back towards Otobus stn,on opp side.Paid 80tl for 1.5 gallon,Marshall,good stuff.House is guttered,but got a few modifications to make.See ya Thursday.Tony.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
DIY
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 19:42:22 PM »
Where is this place?  My husband is always looking for D.I.Y places in fact, in the U.K. he has many happy hours in B.&.Q. and Focus.  He would be delighted to find a place like B.&.Q. in Fethiye.

Offline tetmeister

DIY
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 19:46:07 PM »
Depending on where you are coming from,but at the otobus/seckins/carrefour roundabout in fethiye,head towards the harbour,and its about 300 yards down on the left.helpful,pretty good english speaking.Got everything.

Offline geordieboy

DIY
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tetmeister

Can anyone tell me where to get plastic guttering and fittings in Fethiye,and also the best/cheapest place to buy paint?Need a fair wack of exterior paint,so am looking for a good deal.

You should have asked baldy Thursday night gone,he could write a book on the cheapest place's to buy anything in Fethiye.

Offline jinky

DIY
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »
there is a great wee diy shop next to the saturday market,no parking problems,if you come away from the market towards the main antalya road, on the right hand side 20m from the end of the market,cheaper than the b@q in fethiye and calis.

Offline tetmeister

DIY
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 19:28:04 PM »
Found one Tone.Cagdas on Dalaman rd.Eric uses the smaller branch in fethiye to grind out his deals.Got 15 ltrs of exc ext paint for 120 tl.Chuffed,just got to get sonia's *r'e up a ladder to get the job done!
quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

quote:
Originally posted by tetmeister

You should have asked baldy Thursday night gone,he could write a book on the cheapest place's to buy anything in Fethiye.

Offline peter16

DIY
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 20:15:09 PM »
If painting the outside of your house do you hire your ladders if so where from and what would be a reasonable price, or do you buy them, if so where from and what would be a reasonable price. Have been bullied into this lovely job when next over, nice job for a cool (not) August day or two.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DIY
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 20:28:51 PM »
I'd avoid August for external painting if I were you. Not just because you'll die of the heat, the substrate will be far too hot and the application can be both difficult and ultimately give a disappointing finish. If you HAVE to do it, time it so you are always painting the shaded part and wherever possible paint later rather than earlier when the temperature is falling (i.e. afternoon/evening) rather than rising (morning).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf