Author Topic: TURSER  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« on: July 01, 2009, 20:32:38 PM »
Why does the company that runs the vehicles who are parked all over the back lanes of Ovacik not rent the land they were offered to accommodate the them?

The residents of Ovacik have asked them to move on various occasions and when the house that some of the drivers sleep in was originally rented it was on an understanding that land would be rented to park the buses on.

The mayor, the jandarma and the drivers have been asked about this, all to no avail. Turkish and English residents have presented a petition asking for this to be resolved and still we have buses on the roads, the land is still available but no sign of them using it. I am completely mystified why this is being allowed.

Offline kanga

TURSER
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 21:08:36 PM »
brick the windscreens every night they wont park there for long : :)
i had travellers (gypsies) on my pub car park they soon shifted after the local kids fired a few bricks through the caravan windows, much quicker than the police and council getting them off ,still cost me over £1500 to clear the rubbish they left  and another £1000 for a locking gate :(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 21:09:27 PM by kanga »

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 23:38:51 PM »
I think that one of the reasons they do park here is because this is a quiet peaceful area.

It is not the bus drivers who are at fault, TURSER have gone back on a deal which would have meant the bus drivers had a proper place to go. They have to live on the roadside. They are victims of this business as much as us residents. TURSER are leaving their bus drivers vulnerable to traffice fines as there are no parking signs up and the Jandarma do fine them. They are paying the land rental by having to pay the fines.

I can understand your suggestion but would probably miss the bus if I threw any bricks!  :)

Offline kanga

TURSER
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 23:57:59 PM »
keep throwing your bound to hit sooner or later [^]

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:20:32 AM »
 :oYou wicked lot!!!!

Besides the jandarma keep an eye on us!

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
TURSER
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
dont get caught!! if you do heavy penalties for damaging property in turkey

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 15:06:01 PM »
I don't want to do any damage.  :o: :)

The situation is improving. :D

The sign has been taken off the building they were using for an office and there was a lot of shouting after a visit by the jandarma.[^]

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:58 AM »
Our Turkish neighbours and friends have decided to landscape the area around the corner where the buses are now parking. They have the advantage of loads of top soil, huge rocks for the wall and tractors. It should look nice.

Offline karenr

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 17:19:16 PM »
If this is the same area, I have just recieved an email from a very helpful neighour, Gerry, who is on the forum. They are building a wall around the tree and putting a water feature there in the winter. Apparently with his hard work (I signed the petition)and Im sure others have also been working hard, the local police spoke to the bus company for over 2 hours and its looking less likely that they will be there next year...hoorah. Thanks to everyone who lives out there for persisting in this parking problem. I really do appreciate it.

Offline Old Daffodil

TURSER
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 20:06:47 PM »
Entente cordiale Turkish style.

It will make the area more child friendly for the families living in the area too.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf