Author Topic: Break-ins.  (Read 7600 times)

Offline BabaYard

Break-ins.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 14:41:24 PM »
Wake up David! Who are you trying to kid?

Offline davidzz

Break-ins.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 16:35:01 PM »
Baba, I read the calis posts after this and now realise that it is a much bigger issue to the area than I previously thought, this can all be verified by the moderators that I am genuine in what I have said. I tend to use the forum looking for information/advice and do not have the time to be on here constantly and have found the forum to be really helpful but would have liked to hear some more positive feelgood comments but they they are not as interesting and people do not seem to get passionate as much about them.

I still love the place and this will not change my mind but I think it is important that we do not direct people to the negative posts and they miss the good points.

David

Offline BabaYard

Break-ins.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 18:49:03 PM »
David, I accept your explanation - no problem. I must however point out that CBF has been a very positive forum recently about the region in general, as most of the members are either loyal holiday makers, or property owners. Believe me, for a while, I wanted to ignore what was going on and also used to get annoyed if people posted issues related to crime.. That was until last year, when we fell victim to an attempted break-in, and since then 3 of our neighbours have been burgled.

Since the property bubble burst, and the credit crunch hit, the whole region has been spiralling downwards. I hope this is a period of adjustment, but we must take it seriously, and we must make as much noise as possible (in my humble opinion...which I know does not always come across as humble..):D

Offline davidzz

Break-ins.
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 21:25:56 PM »
Got a bit wound up earlier, We are going over on friday and as always looking forward to it. I decided to have a look on here just to fuel the excitement but it done the opposite and got my back up. I was expecting to hear how everyone is enjoying themselves in the 30 c sun chilling out, dipping in the pool, going to the beach, visiting good restaurants having nice meals in beautiful surroundings with stunning scenery. People may say I am not in the real world but you have got have something to look forward to. We have always felt safe over the years, although we do take the usual precautions but we dont want the fear factor because we don't live like that in the uk.

David

Offline Andrew H

Break-ins.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 19:25:21 PM »
David believe me it is a problem.

I like to take "sensible precautions" but when six people are asleep in the villa all windows doors locked and someone forces the window, gets in, goes into the bedroom where my family are sleeping take a wallet, handbag [which was under the bed]and some jewellery leave without waking anybody its no surprise I have now had wrought iron bars put up!

Yes I still love it there but it is right to bring peoples attention to this increasing problem.

This posting isn't designed to frighten or worry people but we all have to share our experiences for the benefit of everyone.

Offline tetmeister

Break-ins.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
Another break-in overnite,in the villa opp mine up by Melodi otel.Forced a grnd floor window,occupants in bed,took two mobiles,chucked the SIM cards on the floor.Took nothing else.Funny,I've been asked many times on the market that if I can bring mobile phones out when I come,they will buy them all off me.Haven't done so,but they know what they are after.Keep em peeled...............

Offline BabaYard

Break-ins.
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
So why is it that the UK mobiles are so valuable, when you can get most of the makes and models in Turkey[?]

Offline kit kat

Break-ins.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 15:36:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BabaYard

Where in Ovacik is your place Tony? What is this system you have employed that prevented entry?

We had an attempted break-in last August, and since then we have had window locks, external PIR lights and an alarm fitted.

Interestingly, I read on Fethiye Times today that there is a new visitor complaint hotline.

http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=1965itemid=169

This is for tourists and ex-pats. In addition to the phone number, there is also an email address. Maybe we should all start actively complaining about crime rate, and how this appears to be growing year on year. It's clear from reading this forum and others, that Calis, Uzumlu and Ovacik have a big problem with burglaries.

Offline kit kat

Break-ins.
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 15:54:29 PM »
My villa was broken into last week. Myself and my guests were cleaned out. We had ironworks, double window locks and the most expensive , mulipltle locked metal front door available, but the thieves, low life that they are , just drilled right through the locks and then entered the property to thieve precious possessions and wreck furniture. The end result was one english family returning home with two terified children, just 3 days into their holiday. The children were really terrified and the thieves took everything they had. This is not a good example of a Turkish holiday experience to take home, is it? I came to a Turkey where women felt safe, this is not the case now. THE CHIEF OF POLICE NEEDS TO SHAKE HIS OFFICERS ,BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PROTECTING HOLIDAYMAKERS HERE, AT ALL!!
My home is in a village near Calis, so you are not safe anywhere. The Turkish people need to act, because holidaymakers will stop coming and revenue in shops and restaurants will drop.I am a positive person with many friends around the world and I have travelled to many countries and Fethiye needs to increase its police patrols, because if more is not done in Fethiye, Calis and surrounding towns, then people will leave, just as my guests have done.

Offline lizdev

Break-ins.
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 16:46:56 PM »
Kit Kat which village near Calis ??  Our house is in Ciftlik - is it there ??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf