Author Topic: Break-ins.  (Read 7621 times)

Offline tetmeister

Break-ins.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 17:14:05 PM »
Cos mobiles are exp out here.You can get a bog standard one for 80tl,but the decent ones are way more exp in my experience than back home.And theyre easy to move on.
quote:
Originally posted by BabaYard

So why is it that the UK mobiles are so valuable, when you can get most of the makes and models in Turkey[?]

Offline tetmeister

Break-ins.
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 17:19:24 PM »
Really sorry to hear about your break-in,it shows the extremes that they will go to.Personally,although we shouldn't have to and it may get poo-pood,but i can see neighbourhood watch being set up out here by ex-pats and villa owners,because I thik this will all fall on deaf ears.At the end of the day,they wouldntgo to that extreme to get in back home.This is going too far,and I think we need to pull together and look after each others interests and safety.Hope the kids arent too traumatised.Feel gutted for you,Tony.
quote:
Originally posted by kit kat

My villa was broken into last week. Myself and my guests were cleaned out. We had ironworks, double window locks and the most expensive , mulipltle locked metal front door available, but the thieves, low life that they are , just drilled right through the locks and then entered the property to thieve precious possessions and wreck furniture. The end result was one english family returning home with two terified children, just 3 days into their holiday. The children were really terrified and the thieves took everything they had. This is not a good example of a Turkish holiday experience to take home, is it? I came to a Turkey where women felt safe, this is not the case now. THE CHIEF OF POLICE NEEDS TO SHAKE HIS OFFICERS ,BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PROTECTING HOLIDAYMAKERS HERE, AT ALL!!
My home is in a village near Calis, so you are not safe anywhere. The Turkish people need to act, because holidaymakers will stop coming and revenue in shops and restaurants will drop.I am a positive person with many friends around the world and I have travelled to many countries and Fethiye needs to increase its police patrols, because if more is not done in Fethiye, Calis and surrounding towns, then people will leave, just as my guests have done.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Break-ins.
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 17:23:34 PM »
Kit Kat , where is your house and did you report it to the police?

Offline heatherhanum

Break-ins.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 20:23:38 PM »
We have just got back home from our place near the Sunday market. 4 apartments were broken into ours included. We were so distressed by the incident. The thieves took the lock of the doors and just helped themseves to phones and other valuables. The locksmith said they were professional theives who are travelling around the area. Please be very careful about secrurity. This incident has really upset us, but we still love Calis and the surrounding areas. This has not put us off going back. We did report it to the police. It seems there are many break ins lately to both Turkish and Brits. Such a shame.  Other than this we had a wonderful time.
I want to say a great big thank you to Sitki from the Shamrock Bar on Calis Beach for helping to translate at the Police Station and for being so helpful and sensitive, and I also want to thank Pauline, Monica and Burcu, the team from Rainbow Property services for all your help. Thanks guys your support was so much appreciated. :)

Heather. x
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 20:32:39 PM by heatherhanum »

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

Break-ins.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 22:13:37 PM »
sorry to hear about your break in, it is very distressing to all concerned,i was burgled in the uk and i know how it feels.it's the invasion of your privacy that hurts

Offline tetmeister

Break-ins.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 13:05:00 PM »
I still think about the best deterrant to get are audible alarms on windows and doors,which can be purchased from loads of places in Fethiye,including B & Q.To an unsuspecting thief,to suddenly get an unsuspecting 90 decibels in your ear,and not know where quickly to isolate it ,is gonna make you think about doing a legger.I bought a Yale alarm over from england,£60,which also has two passives that cover my whole grnd floor area,with asiren when it goes off that does ya ear drums.Back up whatever security you have with audible alarms.It'll alert you,and hopefully send em packing.

Offline jondo

Break-ins.
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:10:39 AM »
At 3 am on Thursday morning my Intruder alarm (25 quid from B&Q) went off. I legged it down stairs shouting crap like 'Come on then' but I didn't see anyone. But the next door hotel security guy had heard the alarm and saw 2 guys jumping out of the window they came in and legging it across the villa garden behind us.

They had ealier 'done' that villa - 1000ytl and 2 mobiles and 2 cameras! and the villa next to us had also been broken into. (they used 2 screwdrivers to prise the Hanel DG window open - they will have to smash the glass next time because I fitted locking bolts to every door and window the next day (10ytl each - probably saw me coming! but they seem robust))

We had a visit, within 10 minutes of the break-in, from the Jendarma but they didn't seem too bothered about setting up road blocks. One of our friends had seen 4 young guys on 2 mopeds watching the villas at 7pm that evening  - wearing full face helmets! A rapid response from the Jendarma may have caught the ****ers if they were making their escape towards Fethiye.

So, that's the best 25 quid I've spent in a long time! The Jendarma said they sell the same kind of intruder alarm - I'd recommend all owners get one or renters if the owners haven't. They are battery powered and easy to install.

Jondo

Offline kevin b

Break-ins.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 11:27:55 AM »
Which alarm was it from B&Q, do you have a link to item.

Offline BabaYard

Break-ins.
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
For those of you who live in the UK and want to bring out some alarms for your villa's / apartments, I have attached a couple of links for you. In addition to the window / door alarms, and the internal PIR sensor alarm, we also have an external solar powered alarm. We had this fitted last year, and the battery lasted throughout the winter - no problem! With all of the power cuts, I believe this to be the best approach. In fact the manufactures stated that you would need 24 days of continuous darkness for the battery to run flat. No chance of that, unless you live in Norway  ;)

Like Jondo and Tetmeister say, burglars don't like alarms going off! These sneaky little f**kers like to root around in the dark, and disappear into the shadows. They seem to be able to get past all sorts of bars and locks, but they certainly don't want to stick around with alarms blaring in their ear drums.

http://www.responseelectronics.com/store/Wireless-Alarms-c-35.html

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=31825

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=31613

Offline doody

Break-ins.
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
Sadly just got phone call from people renting my apartment they have been broken into this morning.they ba###ards have also broken into a villa just up the road. they are waiting for jendarma to come as i Wright this.  :(:(:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf