Author Topic: another abduction attempt  (Read 31062 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
another abduction attempt
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 17:58:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by minxer

quote:
Originally posted by twinpack

Perhaps it`s the lack of respect for us Brits they have.

i think perhaps it is!

I am also begining to think that way too.after 21 years this is the first time i;ve felt that way,having said that its a case of working out does the good outweigh the bad,we'll see.

Offline june

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 18:05:53 PM »
For goodness sake something has to be done now, the police have to patrol the area around the Dolphin (or not) roundabout and the few sokaks up the towards Gunlukbasi and also the Calis to Fethiye Road, otherwise something horrible is going to happen.

If this family has taken the time, and a lot of it, to go and report this crime, coupled with the fact that Nikki had been to the police a short while ago to confirm that there had been attempted abductions and they are going to do nothing, then I just despair....I mean what can we do?????

Its very worrying.

Offline minxer

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 18:16:19 PM »
Originally posted by bridge7

I am getting worried now about my holidays:( off to calis beach in 16 days! p.s I sent email and got standard reply back, when it comes to committing a crime in Turkey are there severe concequences? seems to me if so many people are experiencing so much crime that the wrongdoers dont seem to be too bothered of what happens if they get caught. Also are these men just targeting non turkish peoples houses, or is it hotels? are they going for non turkish girls or turkish girls. What would the Turkish people do if it was their homes/hotels and young women being targeted. Ihave been to Altinkum 4 times, granted not for awhile but always felt safe there. It is a worry:(

i was going to mention your very point about the targets! but was a little afraid of being jumped on about it! it would appear that the victims here are all english/european regs attacks.
i think also that the police are reluctant to file reports made by tourists as they know that 99.9% of them will return home and not attend a court hearing anyway,(correct me if iam wrong but all filed reports do usually go to court even when the offenders have not been caught to ascertain the victims intent on carrying on procedings?)plus the fact they think we all have money trees growing lavishly in our uk gardens so can therefore afford to be robbed.just the fact that we can afford to get on an aircraft suggests to some natives here that we are all loaded. they dont understand the concept of how hard people work all year for their hols.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 18:32:54 PM by minxer »

Offline minxer

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 18:26:20 PM »
also bridge,, if it was their homes,hotel rooms and their women on the recieving end of all this sh***e their would be gang warfare between families, and their would be police files recorded guarunteed.
 iam turk lashing today and i know it but this is the bloody truth and iam sick of the lax attitude taken by the police..but not surprised!!! these guys hang out of the police vans whistling,learing and making improper gestures themselves!!! what do we really expect!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 18:27:55 PM by minxer »

Offline Jenny

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 18:33:12 PM »
Oh my god how awful is all of this. There have always been men in cars following girls home and trying to get them to get in the car, that was bad enough,  but i've never heard of it being this bad or this serious before. I hope it all gets sorted and this pervert gets caught soon.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 18:41:22 PM »
I think he'd do better than a 1974 Merc if he was

Offline scorcher

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 18:42:07 PM »
It just might be a Policeman,off duty perhaps. It all looks very "fishy" to me.Very little action so far but this is pure conjecture.Something about the business doesn't ring true.My condolences to those who have been traumatised by these horrible happenings.I imagine the Police have a data base for such offenders?

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 18:42:31 PM »
If he had a very fancy car he would be very noticable in Calis.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 18:46:44 PM »
I feel so sorry for the families who have come here for a lovely holiday and are having to cope with this situation.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 19:12:31 PM »
Most of them dont know anything about it Daf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf