Author Topic: Villa for rent continued  (Read 5426 times)

Offline Janice1971

Villa for rent continued
« on: July 23, 2009, 22:47:09 PM »
Dear Anne as I didnt get the chance to reply as you locked the topic, I was just stating a point that you are all so quick to jump on people, yes we did do some advertising on your site, well I am English and we were providing a service, isnt that what your website is all about ex-pats helping each other.  I sit here and read some of the comments and nobody jumps on the backs of people who are completely rude and sarcastic to new members!

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 22:58:43 PM »
The Forum IS about helping people (YES, I do at times) not for people to join and immediately plonk a couple of adverts on it without a word of introduction.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 23:17:42 PM »
As someone who has never been the most popular member on here I find myself agreeing with Anne and Crabitt that members should not be allowed to use the forum primarily to advertise rentals free of charge. However I also agree with Janice that on ocassions some respondents are judgemental and offensive and critisized and while others seem to get away with being offensive and rude.
There has also been a few ocassions when new members have been 'jumped on' when perhaps a little more tolerance and understanding might have been better - perhaps a little more consistency is needed in applying the rules?

Offline kanga

Villa for rent continued
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 23:21:02 PM »
Maybe mods should be allowed to tell people the rules on advertising .

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kanga

Maybe mods should be allowed to tell people the rules on advertising .

Maybe people should read the rules before they post - or maybe read the forum and they might notice that nobody else is advertising villas to rent :)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:36 AM »
Stoop; It's no good readng the rules if they are not going to be applied in all circumstances.

Offline kanga

Villa for rent continued
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:02:43 AM »
i bet 10% of the members have read the rules to this forum ,i joined and never read the rules
how many other members  read the rules  before they joined cbf ? be honest

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
OK - but it doesn't take a genius to check the forum and see that absolutely nobody is advertising their house for rent.

We have a tradesman's section, a buy and sell section but I have yet to find the villa for rent section.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »
When, and if Keith changes the rules on advertising villas for rent and, I very much doubt he will then myself and the other mods will gladly leave the posts concerned.
Yes, Janice this is a forum for helping each other but the rules must still be followed.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Villa for rent continued
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
OK - I have just realised that we mere mods can actually edit the topic fronts. It seems that many of them already say that adverts will be deleted.

I have just altered the one for the Koca Calis Forum which now says it is not a place to advertise your house fore rent or sale. Obviously Keith will have to decide if this is appropriate or not and if he goes with it maybe we can chanage the wording on all the area forums to let new members know that they are not allowed to advertise in them.

Please have a look at the Koca one and see what you think.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf