Author Topic: Eating within Kaya village  (Read 6088 times)

Offline snowtop

Eating within Kaya village
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:47:42 AM »
Which eating place in Kaya village that you have eaten in within the last 2 months would you recommend & why?.  Four of us want to eat there next week & some input would be appreciated, as we have no idea which one to go to. Steak would be one persons choice & the other 3 are open to Turkish or English food.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »
Cin Bal

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:07:17 AM »
Cin Bal- Not sure if steak is available but lamb and chicken barbecue. Wonderful environment

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »
The Istanbul Restaurant.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »
Hey Jon, have you tried their Lamb Tandir??  It's well worth a try.  It's already cooked, delicious and tender and it is to die for.

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 10:36:44 AM »
Thanks,I may be going to Kaya next week. If so I'll check it out.

Jon

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by snowtop

Which eating place in Kaya village that you have eaten in within the last 2 months would you recommend & why?.  Four of us want to eat there next week & some input would be appreciated, as we have no idea which one to go to. Steak would be one persons choice & the other 3 are open to Turkish or English food.

Hi!
Depends what you and your guests are looking for? Oba or Cin Bal they are more Cook your own on the barbie just buy the meats and they will do the rest ready for you to cook to your liking. Cin Bal best if you like lamp. Both great.
The Sarnic has a fantastic setting with a small museum and interesting buildings also a shady court yard eating area. On the occasions we have been the food has been excellent. The meze is worth asking about choose from a good selection brought to your table with no obligation to buy, differnt from the usual, Not too expensive but the wine is top price. Other drink prices accepable. We use Sarnic for Khavalti/Brunch some Sundays now that is fabulous. A friendly Turkish family ran restaurant, all freshly prepared so service isn't fast food.
 Levissi restaurant also has its followers catering more to the non Turkish though it has some Turkish fare too.
We always remember that recommendation can be subjective.

Alan & Pauline
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:43:10 AM by ovacik2 »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Oba is our favourite - never fails.  My favourite day of the holiday is a mooch around Kaya before the sun gets too hot, then down to Gemiler for a couple of hours, back to Oba mid/late afternoon to relax in one of their Kosks.  Their lamb chops are incredible yummmmm

Offline Nicki

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 15:04:43 PM »
Oba every time - lovely grounds and fabulous setting with ghost town the backdrop, especially at sunset.  Choose your own mezes and try the lamb tandir.  Meats are excellent, we always barbecue our own but have seen staff doing the barbecue on request.  Oh it's been too long since the last time!

Offline snowtop

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 15:35:22 PM »
i'm not over enthusiastic about cooking my own food in a restaruant.
i can conjour up a good BBQ at home, no, what i am looking for is just somewhere to sit down, eat, drink, enjoy the place & food in peace & tranquility.  Don't want much do i?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf