Author Topic: Crime in Ovacik  (Read 8791 times)

Offline davidzz

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 21:12:00 PM »
Our windows do not have external hinges, secondary locks are fitted to all windows, patio and balconies's doors, electric pir, 2 solar pir's, safe fitted, wrought iron fence around property and also have good security nearby.When we arrive I give the usual chat to kids about keeping doors and windows closed , valuables out of sight and use safe at all times. That could be why we haven't been targeted yet but I still have to say that in all 15 times we have been there we probably feel as safe as the first time.

David

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
The police house is on the top Ovacik road. Just past the petrol station is a sign saying Polis Evi and the station is about 100 meters further on.

Offline Ivan

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 14:31:14 PM »
There is a Police Ev on top Rd at begining of Ovacik, i was told by the owner of the Çes market that it was a holiday place for the officers of Turkey, it also has a swimming pool. so i think he could be right. don't know of any 'barracks' here

Offline karenr

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 23:40:10 PM »
We had a break in  our complex. Ground floor oppertunist. I understand the breaks are happening for new holiday makers arriving with all there cash etc. I am not worried as we are on the first floor and the burglar would have to perform a "MILK TRAY" advert performance (for you old enough to remember the ad!!) to get in. If they made the effort after we left there is nothing worth stealing unless they want to carry one of our sofas under their arm. Ive spoken to friends that live out there andthey have locks on windows and alarms. The alarms are not too loud but enough to put a burglar off that wont take the risk of any noise however loud or quiet. I have forgotten the name of the member who is an X Inspector......happy retirement....I have  3 years  8 months to go and counting !!!!:D:D

Offline karenr

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 23:46:07 PM »
just re read corbindallas.......happy retirement.....lucky you 8)

Offline karenr

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 23:51:47 PM »
Im probably guessing wrong.....you are an x inspector yet are only 40+. Either had a career change or medical.either or...hope your happy with your move to paradise....all the best x

Offline corbindallas

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 22:53:46 PM »
Thanks karenr, your right I did quit early but after 23 years service, I have had enough, you only live once so I and my family are going to try and enjoy life from now on, without the daily grind of work (no more paper shifting ;)).I hope your remainder shifts go quickly so you can enjoy this life to. :)

Offline karenr

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 22:57:57 PM »
Have done 20 years of shift, now hVE  a nice 7am till 3pm, Monday to Friday ( about time!!!) Definately going and planned for 25 years...not the 30. As Im sure you will appreciate ...25 is more than enough. Il be 44  then and out to Turkey as much as possible .. Dont want to wish my life away but wouldnt mind the next 4 years (only) rolling by quickly:D

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 17:01:34 PM »
Ivan is perfectly right it is a police holiday complex. The whole of Olu Deniz including Ovacik comes under the Jandarme based on the sea front in Olu Deniz.

Offline milliemars

Crime in Ovacik
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 17:14:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karenr

We had a break in  our complex. Ground floor oppertunist. I understand the breaks are happening for new holiday makers arriving with all there cash etc. I am not worried as we are on the first floor and the burglar would have to perform a "MILK TRAY" advert performance (for you old enough to remember the ad!!) to get in. If they made the effort after we left there is nothing worth stealing unless they want to carry one of our sofas under their arm. Ive spoken to friends that live out there andthey have locks on windows and alarms. The alarms are not too loud but enough to put a burglar off that wont take the risk of any noise however loud or quiet. I have forgotten the name of the member who is an X Inspector......happy retirement....I have  3 years  8 months to go and counting !!!!:D:D

We know a villa where the thief tried to go thru the roof because there were bars up at all the windows and doors,luckily someone saw him and called the police.Not caught though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 17:16:13 PM by milliemars »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf