Author Topic: Lira Notes  (Read 5880 times)

Offline terrie

Lira Notes
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
no your bank will not accept them,take them to the government bank next to the new migro(ex carrefour)see the security guy,you do not need to wait for a number,there is a kiosk half way done the building,you will be shown where...i think its the ak bank but not 100% sure

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Lira Notes
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by terrie

no your bank will not accept them,take them to the government bank next to the new migro(ex carrefour)see the security guy,you do not need to wait for a number,there is a kiosk half way done the building,you will be shown where...i think its the ak bank but not 100% sure

Are they still changing them? When we enquired we were told no banks change them after 31st dec 2010
Mark
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:16:46 AM by karaokemark »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Lira Notes
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »
I changed some during my last trip in January with no problem.

Same bank as said before, saw the security guard, he took my notes & came back with new ones, in & out in under 2 mins.

Offline ukchris

Lira Notes
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:59 PM »
haha, I remember last year i had some money that wasn't legal tender anymore, went into quite a posh bank and they said I couldn't change it there, and would have to go to the government bank.

It was also tuesday market day, which meant the world and his wife, their next door neighbour were queueing up. There was even a guy with a goat on a lead in the goverment bank !

took about 15 mins but they changed it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf