Author Topic: dog poisoning  (Read 3677 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

dog poisoning
« on: August 23, 2009, 17:08:02 PM »
My friend and I were walking our 4 dogs this morning from Ovacik on the top track to the Babedag road and saw sheep entrails, dogs put on lead but further on hidden in grass was more, 2 of them managed to eat a bit.  10 minutes later they were staggering and foaming.  Managed to get the car and Sercan the vet was fantastic, but my friends retriever was dead on arrival and mine is in a bad state.
Zabita was rung and went up to collect parts  to be analised.  This is happening far too often, and the wild boar are blamed as they need to be culled, but not this way.  The animals die in agony and are terrified.  Please be careful and always walk your dogs on the lead even in the mountains.  Have written a very strong email to Kerametin to do something and if other people could do the same  it would be wonderful

Offline Harmless

dog poisoning
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 17:31:06 PM »
That is awful, I hope your dog makes a full recovery.

Offline ovaciksarah

dog poisoning
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 18:01:27 PM »
many thanks, at moment she,s crying all the time and seems to be hallucinating but it,s probably all the drugs, you just feel so useless seeing her suffering

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

dog poisoning
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 18:43:47 PM »
I hope your dog makes a quick and full recovery. This type of event is happening too frequently in the Ovacik area.

We are lucky to have a vet as good as Sercan in Ovacik.

Offline nigelthebuilder

dog poisoning
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 18:55:28 PM »
Hi im sorry to hear about what has happend im comeing to ovacik to live with my wife and 2 dogs every time i come on the forum somebody has had there dogs murdered i think i better buy a couple of good muzzles i hope your dog gets better take care
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

My friend and I were walking our 4 dogs this morning from Ovacik on the top track to the Babedag road and saw sheep entrails, dogs put on lead but further on hidden in grass was more, 2 of them managed to eat a bit.  10 minutes later they were staggering and foaming.  Managed to get the car and Sercan the vet was fantastic, but my friends retriever was dead on arrival and mine is in a bad state.
Zabita was rung and went up to collect parts  to be analised.  This is happening far too often, and the wild boar are blamed as they need to be culled, but not this way.  The animals die in agony and are terrified.  Please be careful and always walk your dogs on the lead even in the mountains.  Have written a very strong email to Kerametin to do something and if other people could do the same  it would be wonderful

Offline Old Daffodil

dog poisoning
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 20:21:53 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your dogs. Thank you for putting this on the forum as I also walk my dogs in the hills in order to avoid getting in peoples way. I think the people who own goats up there may not want us to walk our dogs in the area even though we keep them on a lead and do not bother the goats.What is being used as a poison I wonder?

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
dog poisoning
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
So sorry to hear about your poor dogs I do hope they are ok.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
dog poisoning
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 14:02:42 PM »
Terrible.  My best wishes to you.

Offline Linda

dog poisoning
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »
So sorry to hear what has happened Sarah - Iread your post yesterday and after talkimng with some friends of mine at Artemisia, I now know it was Jackie and Adrian's dog that died. So sorry for you both it must have been a horrendous experience. I can't imagine how I would have felt if it had been me and JD. Thanks for bringing it to everyones attention. I would also like to reiterate what a brilliant and caring vet Serkan is.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

dog poisoning
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 09:08:46 AM »
Sarah I saw your email to the Mayor and I totally support everything you said.It is my understanding from a residents association meeting that the Mayor attended that the use of poison was forbidden and certainly where it is laid should be clearly marked.
As you said in your email unless something is done to either educate the farmers or prosecute them this problem will continue.

If it was put down to cull wild boar it is also wrong. The boar should be culled in a responsible fashion and not left to take poison and die in agony.

One of the problems I find with the Zabita is that you will never find out what the final outcome was and what action they have taken.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf