Author Topic: dog poisoning  (Read 3674 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

dog poisoning
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 14:39:55 PM »
Thanks for all yhour kind words, shown Jackie as well, thanks to Sercan, Aysa will recover, it,s just such a shame the same can,t be said of Rain, who died a terrible, painful death he was only 2 and a wonderful dog

Offline Firo

dog poisoning
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 22:25:43 PM »
So sorry to read your news you must both be exteemly upset.

I read on Fethiye Times on line, of a help line number, Alo 179, for problems that goes to the Govenor of Mugla and it has English speaking staff.Below is a link to the item.

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/2377-alo-179-comes-up-trumps-for-dalaman-lady.html

Appears to work so if enough of you report the problems you should get a result.
Good luck and I hope your dog makes a full recovery.
Fi

Offline Heatherjane

dog poisoning
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »
Sarah, You met my husband Wayne at the vets the other night, Im so sorry to hear about this again and I totally understand the grief your friend is going through with the loss of her dog.

We have lived here for eighteen months and earlier this year we lost our Irish red setter, since then my hudband has buried a further three of our dogs.
We have been lucky enough to have also saved a further two more with the great help of Serkan, we actually now have doses of drugs to administer in the case that Serkan may not be there, as you are well aware time is critical.
I would and have many friends who will come along with you to see the mayor.
As you are well aware the death is terrible and I would like to draw it to everyones attention that if you yourself or your children absorb some of this toxin it can also kill.
I have also been warned that the people doing this who are heartless and cowards if they touch bread,vegetables or fruit without washing their hands this poison will remain on these items.
Really hope Sarah, your dogs recovery will be ok it took our Doberman at least two weeks to lift his head and eat with all the drugs he had pumped into him.
Please let us know when the meeting is.
Heatherjane
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:10:25 AM by tinkerman »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
dog poisoning
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 08:01:56 AM »
Do you know whether it's Strychnine that's the poison being used ?

( By the way, you can edit your posts by just clicking on the little icon showing the clipboard and pencil. Then nobody will be any the wiser about your mistakes  ;) and you won't have to post an apology. :D)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:11:18 AM by KKOB »

Offline Old Daffodil

dog poisoning
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 08:12:35 AM »
I agree with the post by Firo that ringing the 179 number may be a good way of voicing our concerns about the poison which is being left around.

It must be a really toxic chemical to work so fast. I thought that the wild boar were culled by marksmen with rifles during the shooting season.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
dog poisoning
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

I thought that the wild boar were culled by marksmen with rifles during the shooting season.

There very few marksmen or hunters around here. Most of the shooting you hear is just the local idiots. They'll shoot at anything that moves including protected birds of prey, tortoises, porcupines, dogs, cats and you, if you happen to get in their way. Very few of them would be able to hit a boar, because they move too fast.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:36:12 AM by KKOB »

Offline ovaciksarah

dog poisoning
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
Many thanks for the information Firo, have rung 179 and they were really helpful, justneed a letter with all the information in Turkish faxed to them as they said it is totally illegal to put any poison down and they will bypass Kerametin, having told them he has not replied to my email and will get to the bottom of it, so anyone else who has had their dogs poisoned should also ring 179 to complain.  They spoke perfect english.  Many thanks to everyone for your kind words and thoughts, Aysa has recovered completely already, real tough Turkish hound

Offline karenr

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 22:41:29 PM »
heatherjane so sorry to hear the pets you have lost in such a short space of time, its so sad and as said a horrific death when poisoned. Sarah, hope your pet is getting better and better each day. What a shock for your friend to lose such a young dog. Pets are like family and have a great impact on us all that lose them, thoughts with all of you x.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf