Author Topic: Can you help.re dog poisoning  (Read 3721 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Can you help.re dog poisoning
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »
Many thanks for the support, not from the people who change subject yet again to go over the same thing as barking dogs.  Thanks Ovacikspeedoff good to meet you.  We have rung 179 and Arzu was brilliant, taking to the highest power.  If not sorted at Maugla will be taken to Anchora.  On the other subject of barking, yes, I allow my dogs to bark at night with the support of my complex, as they only bark when strangers are passing, and I,m glad to say none of us have been burgled, or attempted to, no one listens to alarms, same as in England, people just complain that they have kept them awake.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 16:54:50 PM »
Early in the year I saw wild boar quite often whilst walking my dogs. They have litters of about six to eight and live in groups of about twenty or thirty.Luckily we all wanted to avoid meeting  and went our respective ways. The male has huge tusks and I would not want to meeat a female at close quarters either.

If poisoning is illegal and the marksmen cannot hit a barn door I am wondering what the powers that be can do? It takes a really high powered rifle to shoot one of these animals and if one was injured it would be even more dangerous.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 16:55:45 PM by Daffodil »

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 13:09:05 PM »
Sorry, back to the subject again,  Jackie and I have talked, after over 2 weeks, still waiting for a meeting with Keramettin, supposed to be yesterday, but he cancelled, so now we need a petition to give to him to show him how the English, and quite a few Turkish feel.
Today, hunters with 6 dogs up mountain, know it,s closed season but hope they get a couple of wild boar.  One dead a couple of days ago in mountain, disappeared, but from smell, what was left was hidden, someone had cooked and eaten most of it, just leaving head and legs..

Offline tetmeister

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 05:44:52 AM »
It is lovely meat,just need to cook it for a long time ,slowly,preferably casseroled,fantastic.We,ve just finished our last cut,fed us for ages.
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

Sorry, back to the subject again,  Jackie and I have talked, after over 2 weeks, still waiting for a meeting with Keramettin, supposed to be yesterday, but he cancelled, so now we need a petition to give to him to show him how the English, and quite a few Turkish feel.
Today, hunters with 6 dogs up mountain, know it,s closed season but hope they get a couple of wild boar.  One dead a couple of days ago in mountain, disappeared, but from smell, what was left was hidden, someone had cooked and eaten most of it, just leaving head and legs..

Offline karenr

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »
I know pet dogs have been advised re burglaries for us English folk. Can I just say that an alarm (mentioned earlier) yes its like England where you here one going off and noone does anything about it!!!. What I can say fron personal knowledge...an alarm may be ignored by a few neighbours... that s not the point. If an alarm goes off in your property the burglar isnt gonna take the risk that noone wil come. They dont know the set up. Its been prooved in England. I have a home alarm, not attached to any high tech system... if a burglar heres a sound device, he or she, wont risk stopping there...they dont know what you have in place i.e attached to a police station, neighboue etc etc. I think alarms are the way forward....and a pet dog that hlps with that...then all the better. If I lived in O full time I would have an alarm firstly and a pet barker as a secondary device !!!:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf