Author Topic: What not to wear to market.  (Read 2219 times)

Offline kevman

What not to wear to market.
« on: September 06, 2009, 15:11:35 PM »
Having toured most areas of Great Britain and had some excellent holidays I have never come across what I saw on Tuesday at Fethiye markey. A group of young people walking down by the canal to wards the market stopped to take there clothes off leaving them with just bikinis on. They then carried on walking into the market. We saw the many glances that people were giving them and a British person also asked them to cover themselves as it was an insult to the Turkish people. There response to this was tough, if they don't like it they can lump it. What do these people think they are doing. Not only do they make us ashamed to be British but they obviously have no pride in themselves. There place is on the beach not in the middle of Fethiye market.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 15:42:08 PM »
We see it very often young women walking about Hisaronu in just a Bikini and I agree it is disgusting,ok in Olu Deniz I feel as it is on the beach but certainly not up in the village.There is just one worst sighting this was of 2 over middle aged portly women walking through Ovacik and doing there shopping in Bim in just swimsuits,not a pretty sight by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 16:04:16 PM »
We got some Southern English people renting the Villa next door but one to us.  Two men and a woman.  They were really loud and their language was very bad.  The woman of the group was topless all day around her pool, but I was really surprised to see the older man (a Grant Mitchell look alike) stark naked outside at the pool!!!  Don't these people realise where they are and just how offensive this behaviour is? Our poor Turkish gardener was mortified.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 16:22:10 PM »
Have to agree as I was horrified to see a middle aged and well developed female getting on the dolmus in tiny shorts and bikini top.Do they not realise they are in a Muslim country and this is considered impolite .Maybe literature concerning acceptable behavior and customs could be given at the  airports on arrival.

Offline Gavos999

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 21:37:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevman

A group of young people walking down by the canal to wards the market stopped to take there clothes off leaving them with just bikinis on.

wow:P

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 21:59:00 PM »
That was the fellas Gav

Offline Gavos999

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 22:09:32 PM »
 :o you wish tinx

Offline hoops man

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 22:19:07 PM »
we had this thread long time ago about uzumlu village.Can i say being in turkey for 11 years now that...even though i dont actually like it myself you would be gobb smacked that a major percentage of turks would just not give a hoot too seeing someone in a bikini in hisaronu or calis.This is not Turkey .This is our blackpool.Anything can go sometimes.Go to izmir,adana,samsun,van,mersin,trabzon etc and you will have a prob.Trust me the turks who holiday and live in olu deniz may be surprised but not too many will be offended.Yes they will look at us in contempt sometimes but we are not living in the real Turkey (and trust me iv been all over this beautiful land) but we are a holiday resort what do you expect?its the new spain so all the young ones as mentioned in the 1st thread will have tops off etc..The turks in this area are not as offended as we the British are and im saying that married to a muslim with a muslim child.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf