Author Topic: Just about to buy an apartment  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Just about to buy an apartment
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 10:27:01 AM »
The Morning Star and Friar Tuck are usually open for the whole year in Ovacik. There are other places but I can't remember their names!!! :)

Forgot to mention, if you are into hurling yourself off a mountain on a parachute, micro-lighting with a grasscutter engine or motorbiking this is the place for you. :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 15:00:58 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Talk Turkey

That's why it's known as the Carlsberg site!

CBF, probably the best forum in the World :D

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:50:35 AM »
Thanks again Guys, keep useful information coming.

Offline karenr

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 07:54:28 AM »
I think Im correct in saying that Ovicik is a residential area and not a tourist one as Hisaronu and Olu deniz is. We go out as often as we can. There are some lovely full timers in O that go to the morning star quiz that is hosted on a Tuesday throughout the year. If your about on a Tuesday I would definately go there and meet really nice x pats. Its a different feel out of season.....a nice one...there are some lovely people to meet. I hope to be out there for three months at a time when I can retire!!! 4 years and counting!!!! Sounds like you have a bargain under your belt...furnishing can be expensive...well done....I might have to contact you on our next purchase when we upgrade.. I thought my bartering skills were pretty good but yours blows all of mine away !!:D

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
I actually started negogiating 18 months ago and to be honest have squeezed the agent as much as I could. Any help I can offer, let me know.

Offline kevin b

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by PKHUGHES100

I actually started negogiating 18 months ago and to be honest have squeezed the agent as much as I could.

which one

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 11:39:48 AM »
"Ovacik is still a rural farming village and animals are a common sight",well Daffodil pet,I must be living in a different Ovacik to your good self,because a rural farming village it aint.
I agree about the animals though,but thankfully by the end of the season they'll all be gone. :)

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »
Just down the road are twenty cows, nearly forty goats a selection of chickens and two dogs. There are horses grazing on land near my house in the winter and the wild boar feed outside at night,saw five there last night. I do not know where you are in Ovacik but animals are always about where I am.The neighbours also keep a few goats, turkeys and chickens. if you head over to Occakoy you will also see a couple of monkeys!:D
If you walk from the Artemesia Hotel along the road in the pine forest you will pass a goat farm of about a hundred goats and they are roaming about in the trees. During the winter months you see horses grazing all over the place and there were six cows just outside the Artemesia complex a couple of weeks ago grazing along with some goats. If you think they disappear in winter I think you will find that is not the case.
We are surrounded by pine trees, olive groves are here as are figs, pepper trees and blackcurrant bushes in the hedges. The fields are in the valley and one alone is big enough for the landing strip where microlights land. My neighbours garden produces enough salad to supply a few hotels in the summer season. I do not know what it is if not rural.  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 16:11:33 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 21:42:08 PM »
Why  not come out and have a look at the place for yourself!There are plenty of people buying here in Ovacik.Turkish people from Istanbul are also becoming interested in purchasing property here to retire or holiday in so the prices are remaining quite healthy. :)

It is relatively easy to travel between Istanbul and the Fethiye area,flights are a reasonable price too from Dalaman.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 22:27:21 PM by Daffodil »

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 17:32:35 PM »
Thanks for the tips again, I have now taken the plunge and purchased in Ovacik.

Thanks again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf