Author Topic: Furnishing my new apartment- any tips?  (Read 8541 times)

Offline scouser2swife

Furnishing my new apartment- any tips?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 20:50:37 PM »
PKHUGHES can you email me through my profile. Thanx :D :) ;)

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 22:45:58 PM »
If you want to furnish cheaply and deal with someone who will give you good advice , great prices and won't mess you about    GO TO EREN SPOT !.      There isn't a huge choice but you will get most furniture you need , almost all electricals from toasters to large HD LCD TV's  , and outside furniture.  Bekir is an absolure gem of a guy

For plates cutlery etc the shop on the corner a few doors down also as mentioned above.  

Between these 2 shops should get almost everything you need at good prices.    

There are loads more shops out there so have a shop around, but re.  your question the above is the best advice I can give :-)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 23:42:22 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 12:01:51 PM »
Thanks again guys, keep the advice comming, I really appreciate it.

Any idea if £975 per annum is about the going rate for interior and exterior maintenance?

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »
Hi, If you need any help I live in Ovacik and would be glad to help if you need it.  Maintenance prices depends on what it includes.  We pay 1100 for gardens and pool all year round, but I look after 5 villas out of the 12, so if slates blow off or anything can get it sorted.

Offline kevin b

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:37:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by slartibartfast

If you want to furnish cheaply and deal with someone who will give you good advice , great prices and won't mess you about    GO TO EREN SPOT !.     Between these 2 shops should get almost everything you need at good prices.    

We went into this shop & enquired about something the price quoted was 900tl, 1 day later another assistant said 750tl so queried price & was told 750tl was price so that is my experience in this shop:-\

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 13:01:30 PM »
We have bought things from Eren's shop and the owner was always fair.They delivered the goods  very quickly as well. If you turn right upon leaving his shop there is a hardware store at the end of that particular row of shops that sells most things you need to start up a property with inexpensive basic items.

If you want more expensive furniture then Bellona or Istikbal are big furniture shops.

If you are coming out in the winter I would have thought it may be a good idea to just wander about along the streets in Fethiye for a while to see what is on offer as well. A wander around the Tuesday market is a good idea too.  :)

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 13:50:49 PM »
Thanks again, I will make contact with you ovaciksarah via e-mail if that would be ok.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 19:38:55 PM »
Kevin,  I'm not too sure what your point is.    Was it bad the price dropped by 150 ytl ?  :-)      I'd have been more peed off if the price had gone up ;-)

If that is your only experience of the shop and that's your "bad experience" , all I can say is I've bought a lot more from them over a number of years and they have bent over backwards to be helpful.   The odd item which has gone faulty was repaired / replaced with no quibble whatsoever.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 19:46:54 PM »
I totally agree with Mr Bartfast on Eren Spot.

One thing I would say is that I would only ask Bekir for a price. That isn't to say the others try it on, it is to say that Bekir knows what the best prices they can offer are. Another thing I would say is that if you find a washing machine or fridge etc elsewhere, try taking the model number to Bekir and asking him for his price for it. Can't hurt can it  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 20:05:27 PM »
Kevin, if you want me to come with you to Eren Spot I would be more than happy. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf