Author Topic: buying in ovacik  (Read 9546 times)

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« on: November 18, 2009, 22:34:14 PM »
sorry if this message apears twice this is the second time ive wrote this

ime just buying a property in ovacik and just wondered if anyone had soem advice on the best and easyest way of doign this, not sure if using a solicitor is the done thing there any suggestions

oh and one more thing im sopposed to go out there in january and complete the legal stuff and what do u know theres no fligths in winter just my luck might get out there but cant get back anyone no a pilot lol

Offline geordieboy

buying in ovacik
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:08 AM »
Sounds like a star turn.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
buying in ovacik
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:04:08 AM »
Scunner works in the property industry. He has wrtten the following which may be of use to you.
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}21

Offline Linda

buying in ovacik
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:47:47 AM »
Flights are limited in January but try www.flythomascook.com (Gatwick and Manchester), www.flypgs.com (Stanstead via Istanbul), www.aegeanflights.com (Gatwick and Manchester).

Offline slartibartfast

buying in ovacik
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
Hi Chris.  Are you buying from the builder , an estate agent, or a "2nd hand" property ?

Personally I'd get a solicitor to check everything over if "their solicitor" is doing all the leg work.   Your next problem is how do you find a solicitor you can hire !

Even if everything is handled well and is above board. It's still a big leap of faith , and peace of mind may be worth the additional cost.

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 16:56:50 PM »
thanks for that il try these web sites for flights see how i get on as for teh property its a resale not a new build

Offline Harmless

buying in ovacik
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 17:37:50 PM »
Use a solicitor for the peace of mind.   The Turkish Consulate web page has a list of local solicitors, I believe as does the British Consulate web page.
That way, you know you are choosing your own and not having one chosen for you.  Or, I am sure you will get some good recommendations from people on this forum.

Offline mimosachic

buying in ovacik
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 17:52:02 PM »
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum,we bought in Ovacik in 2005 and are really pleased , we are on the Mimosa complex which of the main rd near the gas shop,where are you buying? Good luck.

Offline busybee

buying in ovacik
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 17:56:50 PM »
Hi Chris, you wouldnt contemplate buying a house in the UK without a solicitor so why would you do it here?

There are some good recomendations on here for reputable solicitors particulary the one Scunner mentioned.

Good luck

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 18:35:04 PM »
hi im buying the turkish property owners a2 bed apartment next door to les i beleve lookign forward to completeing for the summer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf