Author Topic: buying in ovacik  (Read 9343 times)

Offline wallace

buying in ovacik
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 23:09:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Harmless

Use a solicitor for the peace of mind.   The Turkish Consulate web page has a list of local solicitors, I believe as does the British Consulate web page.
That way, you know you are choosing your own and not having one chosen for you.  Or, I am sure you will get some good recommendations from people on this forum.

I have a friend that used a solicitor listed on the british consulate
website and she was far from happy!!

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 23:12:35 PM »
oh what happened this is exactly what im saying still not sure what to do, even the seller said why use a solictor

Offline mikrik

buying in ovacik
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
Easyjet fly daily from Gatwick to Istanbul with good flight times arriving Istanbul around lunchtime and departing again in mid afternoon. Pegasus do several flights to the same Istanbul airport each day the first being from Dalaman at 7.00 am.
Probably a lot easier than Antalya especially if there is snow on the mountain although you might have to wait around at the airport for  bit.
We're going that way next month so will know better then. The prices are very cheap, well worth having a look at their websites

Offline littlereddevil

buying in ovacik
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »
You can fly from Scotland any time.You just have to go via Amsterdam or Heathrow then Istanbul

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 19:23:52 PM »
thanks for all yoru advice sounds like its istanbal and change, not a great flyer so was tryign to avoid to many flights in one day oh well guess il have to get over it

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 21:02:50 PM »
well ive gat a solictor reccomended from here so hopefully itl make life easyer cant say the owner sounded overly keen, wonder why that is well soon find out i guess. I just hope im doing the rigth thing i cant help worrying now about all the crime going on out there sounds like its much worst then the uk break ins left ritgh and center i hope theres more good news then bad, dosnt sound like it yet

Offline littlereddevil

buying in ovacik
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 21:39:45 PM »
No way is it much worse than the UK. I feel totally safe over there.

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 22:22:17 PM »
glad somone does i was begining to think it was teh crime capital of the world the way everyones speeking

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
buying in ovacik
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 22:27:26 PM »
Chris

No offense but why are you on the brink of buying a property in Turkey? You sound so negative about the idea I can't see how you could possibly pay out money for a place.

Offline chris66

buying in ovacik
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 23:03:55 PM »
im not negative about it in fact id only heard about the burgalry problems out there wene i joined this forum didntnt expect to hear this just makes me worry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf