Author Topic: Ciflik in the Nationals  (Read 13041 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
Hi Ciftlikites:

I'm considering (subject to interest)getting a letter translated into Turkish and sent to the local council. It can be done in petition form and anyone living in the Koca Calis area can then add their name to the letter.

Anyone interested?

For those on Saglik I have posted a message in the Saglik section and for those on my email list - you have a copy too. I need ideas as to what to put in the letter. I have a few but always it helps to have other views.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 16:22:54 PM »
good on you stoop something needs to be done i am fortunate that my Villa is up a bit higher and does not get flooded but its always a worry that one day we will suffer like others

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 16:40:56 PM »
Cheers Danky,

I'll try and get the letter sorted this week.

Offline neesie1171

Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
Hi Stoop, we also live in Koca Calis, just behind the Nazar Garden hotel and would be interested in adding our names to your letter.  We are luckier than others in that it is just our garden that gets flooded but it is still a nightmare and it would be great if we could get something done.

Denise.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »
Denise,

Thanks for your input. I will make sure you are included in anything I do regarding this.

Just out of interest have you seen the latest messages on the newspaper site? It seems now that it is us 'foreign owners' who have brought this on ourselves as we all should have known the area flooded before we bought our 'cheap little nest eggs'.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=tasan-kanallardan-dolayi-ingiliz-cift-evlerinde-mahsur-kaldi-2009-12-23                  

Nothing to do with the council giving  (and continuing to give) planning permission to build houses and sites without first making sure adequate drainage was installed? Failing to make sure the canals are kept clear of rubbish and overgrown plant life?

As a straw poll I would like to ask anyone who bought in the area to state if they knew it was an area likely to flood.

For the record I did not and our agent (now not in the business) did not mention it.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 18:31:24 PM »
check the name of the person making the comment, they are possibly on this forum

Ron

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 22:52:33 PM »
Why would that not surprise me Ron?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 23:07:28 PM »
"How many actually live in Turkey dare one ask"

Why would you need to 'dare' to ask that? And what difference does it make anyway?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 09:28:55 AM »
Good point Keith. Whoever this guy is he needs to get off his high horse and realise not everyone who has bought in this area is a 'greedy foreign owner' . We have some lovely Turkish neighbours who have spent big money buying on our site and they are affected too.

Seems some joker called wizardofOZ thinks it's funny that he managed not to buy on 'swampland' and we should all enjoy our fishing.

Makes me think though Keith. What made you buy on Saglik and did you know it flooded before you bought? You know I didn't as you sent me pictures AFTER we had bought and met on line.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:23:26 AM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
I bought in 2003 Stoop - based on 5 photos and 9 seconds of video. The first non-Turkish owner. I won't tell you how much I paid but it was well less than 20k. I had no grasp of where it was and my agent told me it was "far closer to the middle of Calis than Telmessos". I had no idea about flooding and if the agent did he wasn't telling me :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf