Author Topic: Ciflik in the Nationals  (Read 13606 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 12:10:55 PM »
Cheers Keith.

I think you did well and sold at the right time. The flooding appears to have got much worse since we bought in 2004 and I can only assume it's the number of houses that have gone up, filling in the small ponds and lakes, that has contributed to this. I think the answer lies with the Belidye and hopefully they will realise this and act. It might coast more in council tax but i'm sure most will be happy to pay extra to make this less of a problem. The canals also need sorting and dredging them would be a good start.

I even found out the other day that Telmessos uses a pump to get rid of the floodwater but they pump it inland and not towards the sea. Seams odd but I'm assured it's true. It can't help our situation either.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 12:12:16 PM by stoop »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 13:21:13 PM »
Small point for now.

I have found the email address for Ciftlik Council and have sent them a very polite email asking them if they have any plans to try and stop this flooding happening again in the future. I think rather than send a petition at this stage it might be better to ask them (very politely) what they intend to do - if anything.

I know from experience that the Turkish do not like people to moan, rant and rave etc so I have been extra careful with my words. However I did use google translate so I hope it's turned out ok[?]

The email addy is on this page if anyone want's to do the same but let's not jump up and down at this stage and see what their reply is to some well meant questions.

http://www.yerelnet.org.tr/belediyeler/index.php?belediyeid=127586
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 13:24:29 PM by stoop »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 13:53:53 PM »
I've just spoken to our neighbour and it seems the gardener, Faruk, has paid the price for this flood. Evidently he's been sacked by the manager (whose house was worse affected). Him, his wife and children are now jobless and homeless. Sad  - especially at this time of the year.

He also tells me that the council have been to the site and that they are to pay a private company to survey the area and build new drainage channels/canals. One especially for Saglik which should take all our excess water. 2 - 3 years is the timescale.

Offline denniz

Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 14:15:22 PM »
i hope they use an helicopter and a plan of the whole of ciflick/koca calis etc as the problems seem to arise when they only cover small areas...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 14:47:21 PM »
Me too Denniz but don't hold your breath on that.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Have you seen the very smart villas that are situated to the left of gochek ? based arouns a canal system.I reckon something akin to that development would work with small marina / lake and with access to the sea or would that be to up market for the area, or would the turks like someone else to pay for it. good luck with your letter to council Stoop.let us konw if you get a response

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
will do. Nothing back yet but it has been the holidays. I'll give it a week.

Offline bronco

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 13:03:17 PM »
Telmessos pump thousands of gallons of water an hour into the marsh which flows down into Mavi kent and Saglik,which is half of the problem

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 16:14:07 PM »
I heard that recently. Why can't they pump it into the sea?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:11:21 AM by stoop »

Offline Carpete

Ciflik in the Nationals
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 22:27:11 PM »
I have only just gone back online after a long gap so really shocked and sorry for everyon affected. My house is on Cicek. Does anyone know the situation there please? I have also added a coment on the newspaper site. It seems to be missed that many homes in the area are Turkish owned too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf