Author Topic: dreambox.  (Read 11896 times)

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
Many thanks Gary for supplying and installing the dreambox,works 100%,
£180 a year to get the complete Sky package,do'nt forget to let me know when you get the HD boxes.Cheers pal. :)

Offline Linda

dreambox.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »
For us technophobes can you explain a little more what this is and what kit is required please.

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 14:05:37 PM »
Hi Linda,Gary [Echostar] can explain the technicalities and set up better than me,but the box has an internet connection,cost £200 to buy and set up,and the annual fee for the card sharing from a German server is £180.I dumped my Sky subscription months ago,went over to Freesat,then heard about Dreambox.
I now get the Full sky package,sports,movie,documentaries etc,radio for as I say £180.
I've had no problems with it,it delivers every time,all the time.
I was advised,prior to contacting Gary to uprate my ADSL package,from the standard 29ytl to the unlimited 45ytl package,he said an uprate was'nt needed,never mind, only 16ytl.
I've got a HD dreambox recorder in the pipeline,but unlike the Sky subscription rip off there's no extra payment for HD,or the recording facility.I believe the equivalent package in the UK is in the region of £600-£700 per annum,so I'me a happy bunny. :)

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 14:21:52 PM »
Sorry,I forgot to add that if my little Princess wants to watch any of the free channels,BBC1,ITV2/3,etc,we turn the modem off,we then get the channels as per Freesat.  

Offline raynin62

dreambox.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 18:35:48 PM »
We have also got a dreambox after cancelling our Sky subscription. Only had it a few weeks but are well impressed.

Offline jonuzumlu

dreambox.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »
How big a satellite dish do you need for dreambox please?

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
dreambox.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 07:08:26 AM »
Thanks for the plug Keith; Tony will keep you informed regarding the HD

The System is called card sharing where in this case we use a Commercial server sharing over 40 Packages over the internet these Cards are official cards so the idea is they do not go down for this the server charges me £180-00 per year it does not matter if you just want 1 package or the whole lot, the reason I went this way is reliability then choice.
I do not have any connections with server this is a service which I use if there should be a problem I act on your behalf they are just an email away and over the last 4/5 months they have been looking after all my customers/friends

I do not confess to be the cheapest as I am not, there are many companies here doing a similar thing as many of you know when you have called them out a few time to sort out problems you may have, you pay for what you get. And as this give me more time to improve , and program new software for the receiver and is upgraded free of charge if needed for the first year and after that you have a choice there after. There are plenty of people on and off this forum that have a system from us

A system starts from £380-00 that is £200-00 for the receiver and the setting up and £180-00 per year which is paid to me that goes to the server
The internet connection is for card data streaming and not video streaming and I do have people that have the 29 tl limited down load using this with out using their full download allowance but there could need to be upgraded speed wise also unlimited depends on how much you use it ie face book/skype etc

And for those that do not want a LAN cable across the room or the modem is up stairs or down stairs from where the receiver is we do a Wireless Bridge this is handy also if you do not have internet access but you can use you neighbours with their permission and providing you have the password This is 180tl supplied and fitted.

The reason the prices except the bridge is in sterling as I have to pay Pound/Dollar/Euro/Lira for the equipment etc and it easy for me to remember

There are so many packages this system will do it will depend on dish size etc if you require more info please use my profile to send an email

Gary
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:37:54 AM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline Denton

dreambox.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 14:29:26 PM »
GeordieBoy:  Does the Dream Box give you the Free Sat of BBC1 and ITV, or do you need to have free sat within your TV or a UK free sat box i.e. how do you go about it if you have the Dream Box and Gary`s system.

Offline geordieboy

dreambox.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 16:16:12 PM »
The dreambox is Gary's system.Perhaps I muddied the waters by dragging freesat into it.If I disconnect the dreambox from the internet it still picks up the free channels off the dish.If you've got a Sky box you do'nt need a Sky viewing card to pick up BBC1,ITV1/2/3/4,and the rest of the free channels.
The same applies to a Freesat box,you receive the free channels without paying a subscription.
I'll make the obvious point,if you buy a Turkish TV with inbuilt receiver all you'll get is Turkish TV.
I did a lot of research on the net about deamboxes,went into lots of expat forums,I'll admit that I'me not entirely clued up as regards the nuts and bolts of the system,but one thing I do know,it delivers the goods.

Offline raynin62

dreambox.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 18:54:49 PM »
jonuzumlu, you need a 1.5metre dish and a 90cm dish

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf