Author Topic: Transport into Fethiye late  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Transport into Fethiye late
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
Some of the supermarket shop workers are struggling to get home at night after the late shift in the shops,Bim etc. Last night the girl from Ovacik Bim was in tears as the last Dolmus did not turn up and she finished at nine and was still waiting at gone ten at night.I do not think it is easy to get transport from Fethiye up to Ovacik for the shopworkers in the winter.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone has a suggestion about the situation .I for one am grateful that there are supermakets open here in Ovacik now so that I do not have to keep driving into Fethiye for supplies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:45:53 AM by Daffodil »

Offline dreamon

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 17:00:33 PM »
Daffodil.

I Have looked at your post above, on and off for most of the day.

Words fail me, Anything could have happened to this girl. [:(!]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 17:40:23 PM »
Perhaps in future she should have the number for a taxi or a friend to come and get her in case of an emergency such as this.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 18:07:45 PM »
I agree with you. I was not aware until last night that this could happen.It must be very frightening for a young girl to find herself in this situation.What happens if you do not own a mobile phone and have very little money in your pocket? It seems the late dolmus is not that reliable.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 18:56:18 PM »
It's the same with the Kaya dolmuses out of season. They'll often cancel one just because they're aren't enough passengers to make the trip worthwhile or because the driver just can't be bothered.

Offline alybaba

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 18:59:23 PM »
Needs sorting not been funny could be a life at stake one day

Offline dreamon

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 22:20:48 PM »
So, Then What can we do about it ?
Suggestions please.

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 14:59:21 PM »
Perhaps you should talk to the chappie who runs Bims and suggest to him that he adopts a more caring attitude towards his staff.

Offline dreamon

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 16:26:08 PM »
What do you think, Daffodil, Is the above suggestion worth following up ? Has anybody ever had any dealings with the Manager at Bims ?

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 17:49:33 PM »
I am sure he is now aware of what happened but would not single out this shop. Quite a lot of people who work in supermarkets or as waiters do not find travelling back to Fethiye in the later hours very easy.We have  given lifts to a waiter or restaurant worker before.They wait for a dolmus that does  not come,or is very late. On this particular occasion it was a young woman though.The people who employ them understandably take it that they will catch a dolmus.It is the same as in England when you go to catch a bus after work. It really is the transport system that should be more reliable. I would have thought that a dolmus that can be relied on would be the answer,maybe one that just goes from Ovacik to Fethiye would be enough.
If the workers up here in Hisaronu and Fethiye knew there was a bus leaving at a certain time after work they could meet it at certain pick up points.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 18:01:20 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf