Author Topic: Burglars caught in Ovacik  (Read 7179 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Burglars caught in Ovacik
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 23:06:53 PM »
The one thing to be learnt from today is that to have success against burglars or any type of crime you must have the local Turkish people on your side. They know everyone who live in the area and can recognize any strangers or any unusual events taking place. My Turkish neighbour was so proud that these burglars were caught and that it was done by he locals. He had a big grin on his face.

being very honest if it was me walking past that house today it would probably never have registered with me that they were stealing. I would have thought that it was someone moving house.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 23:35:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

yippadee do dah

lets hope they aren't back on the street tomorrow morning...

is there any way of finding out what happens to them?

Yes, it wont be any warning to them if they are out on the streets tomorrow.  SO lets hope that the locals that were so happy today, make their feelings well and truly known  IF they ARE released.  Otherwise what's the point. :-\

Offline BM06

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »
Gerry, some good news for a change, where was the house that was robbed in relation to your villa?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 14:09:27 PM »
The house was near the Yaserouglu (apologies for the poor spelling) hotel on the main road. On the hillside of the main road. These guys must have been full of confidence as it is one of the busiest areas in Ovacik. The 2 builders yards are nearby along with two big buildings being erected. It is not far from the first mosque coming up from Fethiye.

Offline BM06

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 14:51:41 PM »
Thanks for the infomation Gerry, lets just hope they get all they deserve!!

Offline lizdev

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 16:06:16 PM »
I hope they get the Ciftlik robbers soon too !

Offline BM06

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 09:21:26 AM »
lizdev, and the calis,uzumlu, deliktas, Scum. seems to be going a bit to much now, imo its getting a bit personal,especially when they leave a present(i will leave that to your imagination) on the doormat after robbing you.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »
grear news for sports fans evry where keep baseball / cricket bat handy, finally just released from prison the father who chased the gang that had robbed him and his family in their home at knife point, he had given chase and knocked out one of the criminals with cricket bat natural justice in action.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
Can you tell me if this chap was Turkish, and how long was he detained??  It certainly seems we are being given conflicting advice as to how much we can defend ourselves.  Presently I feel strongly that we ought to have the right to muller anyone invading our home with the intent to rob.

And by that, I do not mean 'apply yoghurt'......

Offline BM06

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »
Lynne, he was an asian guy from England he won his appeal, from prison, to a suspended sentence.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf