Author Topic: Power saver/Anti surge gizmo  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Power saver/Anti surge gizmo
« on: March 13, 2010, 14:37:01 PM »
Has anyone got one of these things?  I am told they save money by using capacitors to kick start your motors (in fridge and vacuum cleaners and the like), plus providing anti surge protection.

Has anyone tried one here in Turkey, did it work, how much was it and where did they get it from.  Also, how big might it be as I have been told they have to go by the fuse panel, and that happens to be (tastefully positioned) in our livingroom..... [xx(]

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 20:35:21 PM »
I had one here in the UK.  didn't work though.  the surge protector is ok but the 'shutting off of stand by' appliances didn't.  It is very small though and not obtrusive.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 13:37:32 PM »
We had one fitted on Wednesday, it was wired in to our house consumer unit (the box with the multiple switches and the main trip).  

Not sure if it is faulty, or is wrongly installed.  Our house trip switch has blown 6 times since it was fitted (far more than before) and if the new unit is fielding spikes/surges then surely the trip switch in the original box shouldn't blow any more.  Or am I misunderstanding what this new box is supposed to to?  Can anyone contact me about this.  I would like to know before I phone the supplier to discuss it with him...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf