Author Topic: Council Tax?  (Read 2270 times)

Offline antonia1966

Council Tax?
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
A friend of ours has just brought an apartment of his mum, in ovacik.  He is not sure if she has paid any council tax since she has had it. Can anybody tell me what is needed to set this up (documents etc) and can he pay it in fethiye or does he have to pay it in hisaronu.  He is only over for 3 days next month and has alot to sort. Many thanks

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Council Tax?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
tell him to take his tapu into the local belediye office and hold his breath!!

Offline ovaciksarah

Council Tax?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 13:31:30 PM »
I agree with Stuart.  He,s got to go to Beledere with his tapu, prob have his latest water bill as well.  Rates normally paid end of AApril but if his mum,s never paid, help.  Saying that, she must have paid her water every 2 months, so don,t worry too much.

Offline antonia1966

Council Tax?
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 17:05:19 PM »
Thanks alot.  Thought he would need tapu but wasn't sure if he would need tax number etc.  Do you know if he would be able to go into the fethiye office or must it be hisaronu?

Offline davidzz

Council Tax?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 17:21:21 PM »
The council tax needs to be paid in Hisaronu, just go to the desk and they will be able to produce the bill showing how much is outstanding.

David

Offline ovacikbaba

Council Tax?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 20:12:48 PM »
Hi antonia 1966

i think you need a tax number to open a bank account but i maybe wrong someone more knowledge able than me may answer your question. which complex has bought an apartment on ? as we have a property in ovacik.:D

O/B

Offline davidzz

Council Tax?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 20:19:40 PM »
quote:
Hi antonia 1966

i think you need a tax number to open a bank account but i maybe wrong someone more knowledge able than me may answer your question. which complex has bought an apartment on ? as we have a property in ovacik.

O/B

Good of you to reply, but the question being asked was about paying the council tax and not opening a bank account.

David

Offline ovacikbaba

Council Tax?
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 20:28:39 PM »
your dead right david, i stand corrected. apologies antonia.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Council Tax?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 22:49:18 PM »
I think the first time you pay you will need to take your passport with you, in the absence of a Turkish ID card, which is copied and attached to your records.  I recall that i had to have both mine and my wife's passports as we are both on the Tapu.  Avoid going to the council offices around lunchtime - they close - but having said all that I found the people friendly and  helpful.  Once you are set up the following years are a doddle, take your council tax number and the money and your in and out in under five minutes .. if you avoid the lunch time ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf