Author Topic: another breakin  (Read 2910 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

another breakin
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »
Breakin on Araxa complex at about 4.30a.m., they don,t know how they got in, but left by the back door, after being disturbed, when the owners heared a noise and came down, just got away with a couple of i phones apparently.  Night security was there, but it,s a large area, big villas with quite large gardens

Offline scouser2

another breakin
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
I hope the police catch the bu**ers.As the season is coming to an end,We should all be more aware and security conscious as these thieves will be going all out to steal as much as they can.

Offline corbindallas

another breakin
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 15:43:35 PM »
Not good news hopefully this remains a isolated incident it looks like we have had a relativley crime free season in all the local Fethiye areas compared to last years regular burglary reports and must be vigilent to ensure it remains that way.

Offline milliemars

another breakin
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
This is not an isolated incident this season,not in Ovacik anyway,I know of 8 breakins and a couple of them broken into twice,and my friend was broken into while they were on the terrace eating dinner.There were 3 burgalars caught at beginning of the season,but there are more about.As you say everyone must be vigilent.

Offline Old Daffodil

another breakin
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 13:44:53 PM »
I have been keeping in touch with family members in Spain and friends in Italy and the same thing is happening to expats there.They are taking as few valuables with them as possible and keeping a photocopy of their passports too. Even their underwear has been stolen so they buy at Tesco,Primark just in case their panties go!!!:D
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7973637/Russian-mafia-taking-over-French-Riviera.html

Offline antonia1966

another breakin
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 14:06:40 PM »
We own a villa on Mountain Breeze 2, our neighbour was also broken into last week via a window,a laptop, ipods and mobile phones where taken.  They were actually in when it happened on their 1st night there, unfortunately they didnt hear them, due to being exhausted from all day travelling.

Also mountain breeze 1 has recently had a break in as well, again 1st night, this time they didnt care about the noise and threw a chair at the window and smashed it, took passports,phones,ipods,money!!!
Something has got to be done, what Im not quite sure.

Offline Old Daffodil

another breakin
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 14:48:10 PM »
Just travel with a cheap mobile phone I think. If there is nothing to steal then it will not be worth their while. Expensive trainers,good underwear, electrical equipment,imported alcohol,it all brings in the money.
Most of all I would not bring jewellery that has strong sentimental value.It is not always the value of the jewellery that is the most painful loss.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:31:19 AM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf