Author Topic: New Driver  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Lakers

New Driver
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 22:44:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lizdev

quote:
Originally posted by Lakers

High everyone, will be driving from the airport for the first time, looking fwd to the experience, please can anyone inform me of the costs at the terminal and gocek tunnel?
Also any tips do's and don'ts

ATB

Lakers

Lakers - can you tell me which hire company you're using as we'd like to organise a hire car to be delivered to the aiport instead of using transfers  thanks

Pandora cars, done some research they have all the insurance etc and reviews from others was very positive. Cheaper if you pay cash and earlier you book cheaper it is, just like easyjet!!!

Offline cheers

New Driver
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 22:47:08 PM »
Its Turkey??:P
First time we went the coach was behind a petrol tanker who was going nowhere............... we were 12 inches behind him and I jest not!!
Spent an hour behind him with the coach driver beep beep beeping - we were sh****g ourselves!!

Must admit we hired a car last year and only got told off by the locals once!

You pay your money and you take your chance!!
 ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 22:56:51 PM by cheers »

Offline Old Daffodil

New Driver
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
If anyone is driving to Antalya airport the roadworks are still in progress and there are a couple of diversions which will make the journey take a little longer. At the moment the diversions take you through some beautiful countryside. One diversion is through a small village ( I think it was Yadiz)which has lovely grassy  meadows and lots of fruit trees in blossom. The other is on the range of mountaind as you approach Antalya and takes you on a single lane back road which is full of bends but not too near the edge, I drove it a couple of times and did not feel alarmed by any sheer drops like the old Dalaman road before the tunnel.The views are breathtaking as you are driving through pine forests. Quite a lot of the old road has had the surface removed and is very rough at the moment so that slows the journey down too. Thought I would mention it in case anyone is catching or meeting an Antalya flight. I was parked at Antalya airport for about two hours and it cost 8lira.There is a good Burgher King at one end of the airport lounge!I left Antalya airport at two oclock and the traffic was heavy going back past the town.Had a clear road back and did not stop,I was in Ovacik at about twenty past five. I think a break on the journey is
a good idea but did not stop in this particular occasion. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:43:04 AM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf