Author Topic: Michael Jackson Bar  (Read 6819 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
Seckin is under a lot of stress at the moment and I will continue to support him because that is what friends do. I understand the problems that people have about sitting in an empty bar but please give him another chance. Trade is terrible in Hisaronu at the moment I just hope things pick up for everyone.

Offline gazza09

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »

post was not appropriate
gaz.....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 14:49:02 PM by gazza09 »

Offline Hot Shot

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 13:26:03 PM »
Oh, I link up to the formum for the first time and wow I find not very kind comments from one particular person regarding Jacksons Bar in Hisaronu, we too have been very good friends with Seckin for more years than we can remember.  Such unkind comments hurt me and will of course hurt the one they are pointed at namely Seckin.  We have NEVER known him to 'blank anyone' that is not his character.  Yes, location may be a problem with his bar, but hey what's a few more yards to see a genuine caring person.  The guy who performs in Tango 3 nights a week is not Sech, we have seen his performance there's no comparison and besides, Sech doesnt pass the hat around after the act !! This other guy performs in many local bars for about 5/10 minutes then he is off to the next one with his hat in his hand and a big smile !!  Seckin dances from the heart not the pocket.  Oh is anyone aware that the muhktah (village head) has set bar prices this year in our village, in fact he walks the village with the Zabita checking every bar.  Strict rules apply this year one to remember when people complain about bar prices.  Seckin couldnt or wouldnt 'RIP' anyone off.  

On a happier note, what a fantastic Carnival in Calis fab acts, fab atmosphere, getting better and better every year.  Well done to the organisers, three cheers to you all.  Hisaronu carnival, take note !!

Offline Hot Shot

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 13:33:26 PM »
Hi Gazz, I think I remember you from last year, your wife Jo was not happy that Jackson's didnt do Karaoke as she loves to 'try' to sing.  As a farwell gesture your wife showed her underwear to everyone on our table.  Great way to behave in   A N Y   bar in any village.  Particularly when you have a young daughter in tow.  Regrettable behaviour for any brit, dont you think

Offline Donna2202

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 13:56:31 PM »
Seckin is one of the nicest genuine guys you could ever meet and I wish him every success for his bar this year, he deserves it.

Offline Linda

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 14:09:16 PM »
I second Donna and Hot Shot's comments as I have also known Seckin for many many years. He is one of the most caring and genuine people I know and is genuinely talented, very funny and has a natural affinity with the younger and older generations. We do not frequent the bar perhaps as often as we could do, as we tend to go out in Ovacik more these days. However, we know that Seckin would never treat us negatively as that is just not in his character. He has had to leave his family up in Istanbul again this year, which is very difficult for him - but he is just trying to make a future for them and to make his son Ata proud. I wish Seckin every success in Jackson's bar as it has been his dream to run a garden bar for so long. It is a difficult location but if anyone can make it work Seckin can!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 14:24:52 PM by Linda »

Offline Hot Shot

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 14:09:40 PM »
Yes Donna you are quite right about his character, what I cant get my head around is why this Gazza has waited exactly 1 year to air his views.

Offline loulou

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 14:10:42 PM »
I use Jacksons bar quite often as Sec is also a friend of mine.  If I dont use the bar for weeks on end he never blanks me, and I have never known him to blank anyone else for not going in.  It may well be something to do with Hot Shot's post above !  Did you join this forum only to badmouth him Gazza ?

I am not sure if you realise how hard it actually is to sustain a business over here and the costs involved, and especially when people write things like this on forums how damaging it can be.  And is it really anything to do with you or anyone about how much money he spent on the bar ?

Sec does a great job with the bar, he has good staff, and most of his customers are repeat customers probably because he is a genuine guy.  I for one will continue to support him and I hope that others will make the effort to walk that little bit further.

Offline gazza09

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 14:47:18 PM »
well i seem to have stirred up some feelings here which was not what was intended.
on re-reading my posts i can see why.
i would have and still would love his bar to be a success and maybe it will.
and yes everything you say about him is true, but we were ignored and it was directly infrot of a bar owner who also realised what had just happend ie:we were ignored, and after speaking too others it also happened to them, although they did go back there.i didnt.
on each night we went there there was no more than 10 people and there was no entertainment on those particular nights.
as for why now, i used google to do a search for sites involving hisaronu and ended up here a while back and there just happened to be a topic on his bar, having not used this type of site before i wrote what happened, in hindsight this i accept was wrong as it may be read by many other people who may use the bar for the first time.
as for the floor show wrong person sorry! hotshot.
when we return in september i will make a point of going in and see what happens.
there has been another post since i started typing also stating that im wrong.
i am going to remove my earlier posts as i really dont want it to have read bad mouthing, it was just disappointing that it happened.
i will delete this post after you have read it.
gaz

Offline Hot Shot

Michael Jackson Bar
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 15:31:07 PM »
Oh Gazza I definitely have the right person, Megan your daughter is a delightful child who should be in bed long before she is subjected to her mother showing all she's got.  Leave that to the young girls who dance half naked on most of the bars and clubs in Hisaronu, or is that the way your wife behaves normally, and gets her kicks.  I am fully aware that you have written to a certain member of the forum to explain your feelings and as you stated you will be deleting it well before others can read your comments.  What a coward.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf