Author Topic: Poetic Justice  (Read 836 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Poetic Justice
« on: June 07, 2010, 15:57:43 PM »
Now I would like you to know that I am NOT so grumpy that I think the death penalty should be imposed for theft . . . but this item did make me laugh out loud when I just heard it on the steam wireless.

An 18-year-old from County Durham was found on fire after trying to steal live electrical cable carrying 11,000 volts, police said. The teenager, from Darlington, suffered extensive burns to his arms and head during the incident at derelict buildings in Newton Aycliffe. He was taken to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary where his condition is described as serious.

It reminds me of another incomptent criminal wannabe story from some 20 years ago.

A hopeful thief presented himself in front of the plate glass window of a jeweler's store. Looking around for something with which to smash the window he spotted (what we used call) a "manhole cover". So he yanked it out and prepared to throw it through the window. Deciding he needed a bit of a run up to launch this heavy weight he stepped back.

And fell down the uncovered manhole. From where the police had to release him when they arrived. And then arrest him.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 16:17:11 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Poetic Justice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 16:03:41 PM »
:D

Surely the Darlington thief is in line for a huge compensation payout? Unmanned live cables carrying 11,000 volts should not be in areas where criminals can be injured by them.

Offline scorcher

Poetic Justice
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 17:52:09 PM »
11,00 volts ? Forget Darlington,why can't we have some of those in Uzumlu ?

Offline scorcher

Poetic Justice
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 18:02:55 PM »
ps - I missed an 0 ! ie 11.000 would very nice to spread around the village especially before the footie ! BTW - if you are looking for a "dark horse" have a punt on Croatia !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Poetic Justice
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 18:16:37 PM »
That would be the biggest dark horse in World Cup history, they didn't qualify :D

Offline scorcher

Poetic Justice
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 18:38:02 PM »
Whoops! But at least they tried. Ok Keith - who do favour to win !ps Back on the naughty step for me then !

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Poetic Justice
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 19:57:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

That would be the biggest dark horse in World Cup history, they didn't qualify :D

Can be done Keith as I remember Denmark were European champions in 1992 without qualifying ( after Yugo were kicked out ) that said I could be wrong I have just spent 4 hours with your freind and mine Kevin putting the world to rights over Efes

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Poetic Justice
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 20:17:40 PM »

Originally posted by karaokemark
quote:
I have just spent 4 hours with your freind and mine Kevin putting the world to rights over Efes

Could you let everybody know when to expect the results of your marvellous deliberations to be taking effect?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf