Author Topic: Actuel TV  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Sleuth

Actuel TV
« on: June 16, 2010, 16:44:22 PM »
Is anyone on here watching english TV (ACTUEL TV )via the internet ? which is hosted by Arif. Today we cant get any channels at all, we have only recently subscribed,  does this happen often ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Actuel TV
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 16:54:51 PM »
Hosted by Arif?

Ah, Arif yes: {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}24124&SearchTerms=arif

Offline Sleuth

Actuel TV
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 17:12:30 PM »
back on now :-)   obviously just a `blip`

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Actuel TV
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 17:16:00 PM »
Great, gave me a new chance to highlight what a dishonest thief he is if nothing else  :)

Offline Sleuth

Actuel TV
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 18:12:55 PM »
Keith, I respect your help and comments regarding Arif  , but we can only `judge him as we find him` :-)  and with us... he has for the pricely :) sum of 100 lira, set us up with BBC 1  2  3  4  itv 1 2 3 4  plus several more uk channels and movie channels ... it runs fine 90%  of the time, we personally  are really pleased  :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Actuel TV
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 18:24:54 PM »
Well it never ceases to amaze and disappoint me how British people can't support each other over there. Take it from me, if a Brit ripped off a Turk you would see a very impressive show of solidarity against the Briton involved, and rightly so.

There is a topic on this very forum where this man stole money from a very well known and extremely well respected family, and refused to return their passports until the police found them and took them from his home.

I am very pleased you get BBC & ITV. But let's be entirely clear on this. You and I are obviously entirely different people. If someone did that to a fellow ex-pat, I wouldn't give him 1 lira, even if for that price he could get the Royal Shakespeare Company to play on my balcony.

While we turn a blind eye to thieves and conmen, we allow them, and some (like yourself) even fund them, to carry on making the lives of good Brits miserable as they go on their thieving way.

Offline Sleuth

Actuel TV
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 07:17:01 AM »
Keith, about two weeks ago a turkish friend of ours told us he knows a guy who for 100 lira will give you uk channels etc  through our internet. So we got in contact with him, he turned up,did what he had to do which was successful, and is most of the time 90%  ok. I did not read about him on here, until you highlighted it. Had I done, I  certainly wouldnt have proceeded with him. Thats how it was. The people he abused I feel extremly sorry for them, and feel for them. Our experience with him was of a different nature, please respect that.

Offline MagicalGarden

Actuel TV
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 23:27:28 PM »
Be warned and updated. Arif Dogrusoz

Well as you would guess the police passed everything onto courts i believe and nothing happened. If we had money to waste we could have taken him to court.

We had known him about 6/9 months. He owned Armel property management and consultancy at the time. He was recommended to us as we had a couple bits of paper work we needed doing. He does not come across as your typical slime ball but a nice family guy. He was a good translator, speaking excellent English and had a good understanding of what we were talking about. i.e. unlike a lot of  people he did not say I understand when he clearly had no idea what we were talking about. He was very professional never said come and meet the family and be my new best friend. When I had the nursery he came to visit and discuss his child starting there, never asked for any kind of friend's discount. Being a family man he was great with my little boy and always made a point of chatting to him in Turkish.

As already stated he was well qualified to do our residency, knew the procedure, and had done it previously for us and others so we asked him to do our new babies but instead he kept the money and refused to hand back the passports/ visas. I don't think he ever believed we would go to the police even after I gave him 24 hours to return them. But he kept them so I have always wondered what his plan was::more money to return them:..who knows I can only guess.

He also helped use with all the paperwork relating to moving the nursery from Fethiye to Calis. Well what  can I say about that mess:.. Not a lot really as its now 18 months since we closed and partly thanks to him we are still going through the court system.

After I made the original post, Yes others did contact us over passport problems and such like he had NOT done for them. I know he walked off with some maintenance money for at least one complex after he screwed the pool water chemicals up, gave up and left never to return.

Basically in the time I knew him screwed up as an estate agent, as a consultant doing legal documents and as a property maintenance guy.
When he screws up he pockets the money , puts his head down, turns his phone off  and keeps his fingers crossed it will all blow over.
This he can happily do because it will cost hundreds for someone to take him to court and will be hard to prove.

If I hadn't of had all the problems with the nursery then I would have considered court over the visa money and passports but I had enough to deal with.

My advice to anyone would be go very carefully, he is not to be trusted and definitely not honest.

Thanks for all your support Keith.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 23:10:09 PM by MagicalGarden »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf