Author Topic: Council Tax  (Read 2001 times)

Offline milliemars

Council Tax
« on: June 28, 2010, 16:00:42 PM »
Has anyone any idea how much Council tax should be in this area,I know that there has been some hefty bills in Fethiye and Calis whici is being called road tax. My council tax here and I am half way up a mountain so not proper road to speak of,was more than I thought,but that was because rubbish collection had gone up fair enough.But our friends not far from us have been told there council tax is over 900tl apparantly just over 400tl for each person on the Tapu and anothe amount as deposit against next years tax.They have also been told that council tax can no longer be paid 6 monthly.I must say this is not from the Belediye but a employee of quite a big building company here.Can anyone shed any light or is there someone that can be recommended to see what is going on.

Offline dycedon

Council Tax
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 16:08:57 PM »
that does not sound right, contacy your beliyide for conformation, our council tax is something like 70tl each, road tax on top of that this year.

Offline milliemars

Council Tax
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 16:14:39 PM »
I understand the road tax but no paved roads near by just dirt tracks,and I am sure over 900tl is wrong for Council Tax in Ovacik.I have told them to go to the belediye themselves to be sure but just wondered if anyone else in the area had such a high bill,mine is nowhere near that and I have a bigger property and plot than them,although we do not have belediye water and they have.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Council Tax
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 19:54:09 PM »
I paid my council tax in Ovacik a few weeks ago and it was 90TL. If the house is new and the full purchase price has been registered this could cause some of the difference but not all of it.We have not had any road tax imposed on us.They need to go to the council office and ask for an explanation. A couple of people that work in the council offices speak good English and are very helpful

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Council Tax
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 09:14:19 AM »
The council tax for our villa was double this year (father in law paid its so can't remember how much)but he was told that it was more because they have done alot of work on the roads in the area...not that we noticed any around us!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf