Author Topic: Removing a name from a Tapu  (Read 6863 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Removing a name from a Tapu
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »
Brilliantly explained, thank you!

Offline Sus

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »
Can you not get a POA done at the Turkish Embassy in the UK.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 18:04:30 PM »
No

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 23:23:24 PM »
I wounder how you get on if your house is undervaled and you come to want to want to sell it,sorry to go of topic.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
There isn't too much of a problem, except if you are selling within 5 years of purchasing and get clobbered for capital gains tax. This is because you pay CGT on the difference between what you paid and what you sold it for - and what you paid will be taken from the value put on your new tapu at time of purchase. So you may have bought for 50k and be selling for 60k (25% CGT due on 10k - you pay £2,500) but based on tapu values you may have documents claiming you bought for 22k and are now selling for 60k (25% CGT due on 38k - you pay £9,500 ).

CGT is not due if you have owned the property for 5 years or more these days.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 19:31:07 PM »
Opps thats going to hurt me,paid 89.500. thousand pounds,have 80 thousand TL on Tapu,think thats 35 thosand pounds,and had it for 3 years,think im up the greek.plus the house is worth less than i paid for it.
   Can you work out how much tax im going to pay if i sold it for 80 thousand ? (plus cost of selling):(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 19:49:36 PM by savoyboy »

Offline mikeh

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 17:36:45 PM »
just to give some feedback following my question. A london based turkish solicitor has quoted £350 for the POA in Turkish and english and £750 for drafting the private agreement.
Having googled private agreement I think this is excessive for what could be written on one side of A4.As it does not appear to have a legal standing I could write it myself if somebody could outline the requirements of this document?, and then have it notarised.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 19:17:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by savoyboy

Opps thats going to hurt me,paid 89.500. thousand pounds,have 80 thousand TL on Tapu,think thats 35 thosand pounds,and had it for 3 years,think im up the greek.plus the house is worth less than i paid for it.
   Can you work out how much tax im going to pay if i sold it for 80 thousand ? (plus cost of selling):(

Peter it's a five figure sterling sum - my advice is to wait a couple of years before selling if you can. If you can't, let me know if and when you get a buyer and I'll try and help you steer around it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 19:18:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mikeh

just to give some feedback following my question. A london based turkish solicitor has quoted £350 for the POA in Turkish and english and £750 for drafting the private agreement.
Having googled private agreement I think this is excessive for what could be written on one side of A4.As it does not appear to have a legal standing I could write it myself if somebody could outline the requirements of this document?, and then have it notarised.

You don't need a UK based Turkish solicitor - most British practices can do a useable POA for you, and for half that.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 23:26:27 PM »
Thank you Kieth.
  Think your right,i should wait,will let you know if i get a buyer,think i will
  go for a short term loan of 60 thosand GB.Let me know if you know best place to go get a loan.
       Thank you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf