Author Topic: DAB Radio  (Read 2549 times)

Offline busybee

DAB Radio
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
Four the last four years we have been enjoying our favourite stations around the word with a very cheap Chinese DAB radio. Sadly the volume control is knackered, so purchased a much more upmarket Sony model (Band III)
Have followed the very simple instructions to the letter to no avail. When it auto scans keeps saying NO SIGNAL, have reset it factory settings and done said procedure again with same results.
Have tried to telephone Sony and retailer and cant make contact with either.
Any ideas guys and gals.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DAB Radio
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
Are you sure the original one that is knacked is definitely DAB Barbara? Some are internet radio players rather than DAB. I have no idea if DAB is even available in Turkey. If it isn't, that would explain it  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DAB Radio
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 13:08:49 PM »
You have got me thinking now. You say you listen to favourite stations around the world with it - DAB coverage is crap, if you could receive anything there it would be a Turkish station. You could never get Radio 1 DAB in Calis, it's difficult to get it in a fair amount of the UK!

Offline busybee

DAB Radio
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 13:25:58 PM »
Oh its soooo great to have forum.  You have cleared the problem up Keith.  Luckily had the original box of old radio and you are absolutely spot on IT WAS A PORTABLE WI-FI AND FM RADIO.
Thanks so much as it was really bugging me.  Will be returned promptly back to UK with friends 2moz.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DAB Radio
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 14:01:58 PM »
You can get hundreds of UK and worldwide radio stations using the wifi Wunder Radio program on Iphone and Ipod Touch. Just connect it to a pair of speakers. I believe there might be one for sale in the buy and sell section (cough cough :D)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
DAB Radio
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 16:48:34 PM »
Wunder Radio. Brilliant!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf