Author Topic: Fantastic British TV Abroad  (Read 2891 times)

Offline enigma

Fantastic British TV Abroad
« on: October 17, 2010, 13:13:41 PM »
My husband and I were at our apartment for 7 weeks from 22nd August.  We were looking for a new way of watching British TV.  We came across a website which offered all British channels for £6.49 per month.  We could not believe what we were being offered.  This system is viewed through the computer (we have a lead to our TV which enables us to watch on the big screen).  You can continue to move around on the computer whilst watching the programmes on TV.  You are not committed to a long term contract but minimum is for one month.  We had all BBC and ITV programmes live but what made it great for us is that you can also view all programmes on BBC and ITV iPlayer which is great for programmes which are on late live with the 2 hour time difference. There are also other iPlayers one of which is called SeeSaw where we found lots of our favourite series.  We never once had bad connection and viewing was as good as one would enjoy if in UK.  The site is www.viewtvabroad.com  You can get a lead to connect from computer to TV at any computer shop in Turkey.  Just check the cable connections at the back of both appliances.

Offline pauline

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 17:22:45 PM »
Thanks for the tip enigma, one question though - does it need a fairly high spec/speed laptop as my Netbook takes ages to stream video?

Pauline

Offline Aaitken11

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 18:49:09 PM »
Can you tell me how you get uk channels when itv player is blocked here. Have you changed your ipp address to get this.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 20:58:42 PM »
You can also access uk tv channels through UK tv access

Details here http://www.uktvaccess.com/

I pay £11.97 for 3 months

Offline Aaitken11

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 22:12:43 PM »
Julesp. How reliable is this website and what is the quality like?  Are you using it just now?

Offline Julesp

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 22:58:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Aaitken11

Julesp. How reliable is this website and what is the quality like?  Are you using it just now?

Its very reliable Ive been using for 12 months, you do need a fastish internet speed to stream and also it uses up your download limit if you have one but I find it great and the support team are very fast and good if you are having probs You can try for 1 month for £4.99 and they will refund if you are not happy in the 1st 7 days

Offline hamilton

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 20:48:09 PM »
Is it reliable tonight, can you download or stream. when I connect to a UK connection my speed drops to 0.3mbs, is everyone experiencing the same problem????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf