Author Topic: travel insurance  (Read 2502 times)

Offline yakamoz

travel insurance
« on: February 10, 2011, 17:13:22 PM »
Has anybody got any advice on travel insurance for over 65's who want to come to Turkey for 90 days twice a year

Offline tonysue

travel insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 17:28:41 PM »
Try www.getmy.com  I had 90 days cover for hubby last year and he has medical condition.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
travel insurance
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 18:57:45 PM »
Certain British Bank Accounts include holiday insurance, check with your Bank.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
travel insurance
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 19:05:15 PM »
http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/travel-insurance - can't say they'll do what you need but I've used this company for many years with a simple, no fuss policy & great customer service if needed so worth filling in the online quote to see how they do!

Offline yakamoz

travel insurance
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 20:57:05 PM »
Many thanks for your suggestions. spoke to getmy.com today and they seemed very competitive and very helpful.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
travel insurance
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
I spent 20 minutes online with Getmy.com putting in all my details and then they quoted me a policy with all the named medical conditions excluded. Waste of time. If I wanted to travel without medical cover I wouldn't bother with insurance at all. Virgin were very expensive but I found Staysure (http://www.staysure.co.uk) and Flexicover useful and got to them via the Moneysupermarket website that has many other suggestions.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

travel insurance
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 13:36:49 PM »
I would not rely on British bank account insurance as I think they have this exclusion clause if you are over 65. They will also exclude existing medical insurance. The problem is if you have one of the common problems that you get when you get older like diabetes then they will blame it for everything that goes wrong antry to invalidate your claim.

I would suggest trying Saga. I know they do insurance for the elderly.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
travel insurance
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 15:02:42 PM »
Neither of us is over 65 years old, however, the Bank holiday insurance cover have coughed up for a root canal and also for treatment for bites, twice for each of us.   (Also paid out for a gold watch I lost in Istanbul).  We have no complaints about them.  Will check my cover and see if there is an age exclusion.

Offline yakamoz

travel insurance
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 16:11:59 PM »
I had a long conversation with getmy and they were extremely helpful and the most competitive I could find for lomg stay (90 days) and health problems.

Offline Christie

travel insurance
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 21:12:15 PM »
Nationwide are offering 'free' annual travel insurance if you have a flexi account.  I think they do make a smallish charge if you are over 65. Not sure about pre exisitng conditions, but I would imagine if these were quite serious most travel insurers would look to exclude them.  We got a quote from Saga which was quite reasonable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf