Author Topic: nationwide debit card  (Read 3452 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nationwide debit card
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:21 PM »
As the self appointed spokesperson for the Nationwide who has never had any trouble reading and correctly interpretting the information on their web site please can I categorically state the following.

1. Cash cards - a complete red herring in this debate because you can not withdraw any money in any currency anywhere out side of the UK.

2 Flex account holders - if you withdraw Sterling overseas you will not be charged one single penny.

This is a tried and tested fact.

In Fethiye we are lucky to be able to draw Sterling from some ATM's. so we continue to benefit from free overseas withdrawals for Sterling only.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}36821&whichpage=5&SearchTerms=nationwide,charges

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
nationwide debit card
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 14:41:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

As the self appointed spokesperson for the Nationwide who has never had any trouble reading and correctly interpretting the information on their web site please can I categorically state the following.

1. Cash cards - a complete red herring in this debate because you can not withdraw any money in any currency anywhere out side of the UK.

2 Flex account holders - if you withdraw Sterling overseas you will not be charged one single penny.

This is a tried and tested fact.

In Fethiye we are lucky to be able to draw Sterling from some ATM's. so we continue to benefit from free overseas withdrawals for Sterling only.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}36821&whichpage=5&SearchTerms=nationwide,charges

absoulutely correct Nichola, why is it some people just cant take it in? [|)]

Offline farmer

nationwide debit card
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 21:31:26 PM »
I was merely trying to answer the Original question as completely as I could.

I did not choose to limit my comments to the use of Nationwide cards to withdraw cash  from cash machines in Turkey In Stirling as neither the type of card nor the type of currency to be withdrawn was clearly stated nor implied in the original question.

I did choose to mention that Cash Card + cards were excluded from being used to withdraw cash from ATM machines, as I could not assume Brian did actually know this. So I do not consider my comment about Cash Cards + to be a red herring
The posts by Nichola on this subject certainly seem to be accurate in regard to the withdrawal of Sterling from ATM machines in Turkey.

They do however appear to be designed to contradict and correct the posts made by both Colwyn and Shandy  rather than to answer the original question fully.

Offline staples51

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 11:25:30 AM »
hi,thanks for your help,   brian

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nationwide debit card
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 13:14:11 PM »
Glad to be of help Brian - there was a lot of speculation on here last year about what was going to happen with the flex account card and free withdrawals and in truth we had to wait for November to be certain what would actually happen.

By the way most TEB ATM's also give GBP as an option for withdrawal.

Offline The Crinklies

nationwide debit card
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 15:07:32 PM »
When we checked the Teb atm on Tuesday, the 3 currency options were Turkish Lira, Euros & US Dollars. Perhaps sterling was not on the list because the machine had none at that time?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nationwide debit card
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 15:30:38 PM »
HSBC don't do this but some of ATM's that give a choice of currency have a sign above them showing currency symbols.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
nationwide debit card
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 15:36:43 PM »
have had times myself at HSBC where it has only shown lira and euro,s.so have just returned to main screen and return card and gone back in a couple of hours when they have topped it up with sterling.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
nationwide debit card
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 16:26:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

HSBC don't do this but some of ATM's that give a choice of currency have a sign above them showing currency symbols.

HSBC machine at Kipa shows the tl dollar and euro sign on the side and front, but I withdrew pounds this morning.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf