Author Topic: My Turn Then :-)  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
My Turn Then :-)
« on: March 15, 2011, 00:24:50 AM »
Maybe not the best photographer on CBF but I was there long enough to manage a few half decent ones - I'm sure this is an eclectic selection but for differing reasons, all very special to me:

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 14:04:50 PM »
I'm sure I've seen the second photo somewhere before but can't remember where.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 19:19:45 PM »
Ah they are lovely pics. I cannot wait to go again. 7 weeks and counting down.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 19:37:38 PM »
Not too shaby ;)

Offline jacx

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 22:58:23 PM »
Love the photos and thanks for sharing  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 23:28:21 PM »
The last two aren't going to win any photo competitions but I recently found them after about 6 years. The photo shows Steph and little Robyn & Abbie heading into the Post Office Bar (now the location of B52) - at that time it was (in my opinion) the best bar in Calis by miles - brilliant atmosphere, brilliant staff - at the time of that photo (2003 I think, I am terrible with years) Cowboy, Fighter pilot, Teo, Volky etc - just a magical place to be, can't describe it any other way.

The last photo is Sultans Restaurant on the prom, it was superb too - now long gone of course but was significant for a couple of reasons - it was the restaurant we went to for breakfast the first time Mrs Scunner came to Calis - I had come and bought a wee place but she wasn't with me for that - and now she hated what she saw, I could feel it - the unfinished roads, you name it she thought I was an idiot for buying in Calis. That was at 9 a.m. - by 9-30 a.m. we were sitting in Sultans, looking out to the bay eating a fabulous breakfast and I just watched her and her opinion change in front of me, there and then.

The other reason Sultan's has relevance is that the son of the owner owned the domain calisbeach.com and I was desperate for him to sell it to me. I offered him a hundred quid and still he wouldn't sell it! I had already started the Calis Beach website on calis-beach.co.uk and amazingly I saved much of my £100 as the domain expired and I took it for the standard registration fee - but CBF on calis-beach.co.uk was pretty established by then and we stayed with it to this day  :)

Offline jacx

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 00:15:26 AM »
Thanks for sharing those memories, see thats what I love about photography, I know what I am about to say is a bit cliche, but "photos are moments in time captured forever" and that is so true, another cliche " every picture tells a story" again so true. And when I get old and decrepid and can't travel anymore then I can look back at the photos and relive those moments in time that are special. Sorry to get so soppy but there you are thats how I feel.
lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf