Author Topic: A Milestone  (Read 6531 times)

Offline DianeT

A Milestone
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
Well done Keith and the rest of the 'bored' the growing number of members just shows how much this forum is appreciated and how good it is, you should be very proud :D

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
A Milestone
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

When chatting to Keith & Legless (who started the ball rolling with others)  a few years ago,they said they were pleased when the membership hit 75  8)  

Well done to all  

Badger

Offline Mr Pickles

A Milestone
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »
Nice to be one of the 8,000  :)

Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Milestone
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
Yes Badge, at one stage I could hardly even imagine that there could be 75 British people who loved Calis - I met Rimms and Mrs Rimms, then Legless, and so it went on. They obviously knew others and within a short time there were quite a few of us. There was nothing on the internet about Calis - I don't mean very little, I mean nothing! so I decided to put the site together. You can see where that took us :D

Offline tamd

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 20:04:06 PM »
Well done everyone and thanks to Scunner,  Couldn't get by without my daily forum fix!

Offline patrice

A Milestone
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 20:12:28 PM »
Thats great
I am proud to be one of the members :D  
I enjoy reading the daily updates of what is going on in Calis
Keeps me connected in between visits
Well done to you all

Offline Bluwise

A Milestone
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 20:37:29 PM »
I would never have found Calis without this forum as I don't go anywhere unless I have learned a little about it.  
From day 01 the people on here helped with info and guidance and since then have provided hours of "entertainment" whether it be jolly banter or some right old ding-dongs....never fail to keep my interest!
I have never met any of you but I can say without a doubt, if ever I was in need of urgent help in Calis I just know there would be someone there to assist - that's saying something in this day and age.
And I may add, one day we may just purchase over there and there is only one person I would consider talking to - thank you Scunner for a great forum and some hilarious comments  (if not just a little sarcastic on occasions when the situation deserves it!!)

Great place - thanks all.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A Milestone
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 23:00:07 PM »
Yes well done Scunner. I remember that day when you asked me to join. Not much happened at first with only you, Legless, myself, Haino and Terry  (sorry if I missed anyone)but it soon caught on!

Funny thing is it seems to have settled down as well. I seem to see fewer locked topics and banned people. Maybe the idiots have got the message. You watch now - Webster will join again ;-)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 23:03:29 PM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Milestone
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 23:15:20 PM »
Or your friend John Kent :D

As everyone knows, I change the forum heading regularly but nowadays always return to the current one - "You'll keep coming back" - which is where Calis and the Calis forum are so similar - once experienced it's difficult to stay away from the resort, and people tell me the same about the forum. What I marvel at is the number of people who don't like it, but have to keep coming back to it :D

It is a great forum, thanks not just to me, but to the superb moderator team and the fabulous and diverse membership. I know how good it is, I saw the copycat forums  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A Milestone
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 23:17:37 PM »
Ahhh Mr Kent. I remember him well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf