Author Topic: Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules  (Read 10576 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:42 AM »
I wonder how Aaron and Lucy feel about what has happened.They will suddenly have a man they hardly know as a stepfather.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:20:41 AM by Daffodil »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
Tash and Fey have the same problem, Tash has two of the children in the UK and Fey has one here and cant get into UK:(

Luckily he is on holiday here this week :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by duffyinthesun

The answer is she stays with her man in Turkey............Simples

Yep! you got my vote as Governor...lol

and a note to others "Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder!"

:D 8)

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
After reading your posts and being on the other side of things, i.e. my hubby is here with me, I had to reply!  It is an absolute nightmare and really unfair.  Firstly even if you are a Turk working here, with a job, and a wife and a family, he isnt entitled to ANY BENEFITS and wont be likely too until he becomes a UK Citizen which isnt going to happen!  If you are genuinely in love and are apart with or without children its very very hard. In the last 6 years we have spent over 15K on various paperwork, tests, solicitors etc just for my husband to be legal here in the UK.  We let every other EU country in with no or very little checks and they are allowed our benefits, housing etc and I think that you are directing you negativity to the wrong people.  You cant help who you fall in love with, its fate. What I dont understand though why if they are so in love, why didnt they apply for a spouse visa?  Why wouldnt he want to live with her?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 13:03:11 PM »
quote:
We let every other EU country in with no or very little checks and they are allowed our benefits, housing etc

You answered your own question, Turkey is not part of the EU, and if your husband is working in the UK, then he is lucky to be able to work at a job that a British National can do, unlike Turkey, where a foreign national can not work or be employed in a occupation that a Turkish Citizen can do without jumping through dozens of obstacles or else be deported.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 13:18:54 PM »
How do you know a British National can do his job?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 13:21:20 PM »
Don't be stupid Tinx, you know exactly what the meaning is.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 14:18:46 PM »
If a Turkish man is living in the UK with his British family and has no work his family must still be entitled to benefits even if he is not.In Turkey they would receive no help from the authorities and have to exist on the good will of family,friends and neighbours.  

I must admit I know very little of how the system works but in France at Calais we saw loads of immigrants trying to cross to England.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 14:24:41 PM by Daffodil »

Offline simpsons

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 15:09:31 PM »
Ive been reading this topic with interest,and just like to put my views. I have been living in Turkey for 5 years now after retiring, and have lost count of the number of women who come here, fall for the charms of a Turkish man, marry him, and the next thing you know, he has got a visa to live in England. These women do everything to get him a visa. Why, when they marry him, do they not insist on living in Turkey. No, because they believe its easy money in the UK. Also, when we come to live here, we have to prove we can live without working, They dont. As long as they have someone to sponsor them, they are ok. I think what the British Government should impose, is to say, if you marry a Turk, Morrocan etc, then you must live in their country for say 3 years before the husband can apply for a visa. This may help sorting the genuine, from the "Just doing it to get a visa" sort. Thats my rant, and I realise that some Turkish men are genuine, so I apologise if they feel I am just lumping them in with the bad ones. All I am saying that this issue needs to be sorted before there is no room or money left for the English.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 15:11:12 PM by simpsons »

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 17:15:53 PM »
I dont expect my husband to get benefits, Im just replying to the person that said that the Turkish guy would end up living in the UK on benefits.  As it happens we did live in Turkey forst for nearly 2 years and this was where we both preferred to live, unfortunately our business failed and thats the reason why we came back as we had just run out of money.  All Im saying is that the amount of hoops that we have had to jump through just so that we can be a family.  As for my husbands job he works 6 days a week in a kitchen, at the time of applying for this job there were no other applicants, probably because the lazy English people would rather sit on their bums and watch Jezza Kyle waiting for their benefits.  Why the English Authorities dont change the process that they interview the couple it would be so much easier to see if they are genuine or not!!! All im saying is that if your relationship is genuine its a very hard process.  The government arent doing a very good job at getting rid of the foreign criminals/visa overstayers that are already here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf