Author Topic: Is life fair?  (Read 3746 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Is life fair?
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
I've just got off the phone to my son who is holidaying in our place at the moment.  He's enjoying himself enormously, with the sun, pool, sea, beach, a fridge full of cold efes and to top it all a 2.66TL exchange rate.  Whilst I sit here with a cup of coffee looking out at the rain:-\

Life can be a torment at times ;)

Offline kentish maid

Is life fair?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 18:07:40 PM »
Feel exactly the same as you - if only flights were cheap we'd be off tomorrow fitting in an extra trip before the long Autumn one!  It's like Winter here this weekend - hope the school holidays get better weather!

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Is life fair?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 18:23:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

I've just got off the phone to my son who is holidaying in our place at the moment.  He's enjoying himself enormously, with the sun, pool, sea, beach, a fridge full of cold efes and to top it all a 2.66TL exchange rate.  Whilst I sit here with a cup of coffee looking out at the rain:-\

its not all a bed of roses Peter, my electric bill is going to be about £20 this month, with all this air con we need on to keep cool ;): :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Is life fair?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 21:59:15 PM »
help we have been suffering in the heat it was 46 in my garden yesterday and 44 today i have spent more time in the pool then inside

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Is life fair?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »
[/quote]its not all a bed of roses Peter, my electric bill is going to be about £20 this month, with all this air con we need on to keep cool ;): :)
[/quote]

Don't rub it in Des mine is going to be £25  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Is life fair?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
Nichola / Des I sit here today and it is still raining outside, the wind is blowing a near gale (I kid you not) and you share with me that you might have a higher than normal air-con bill cos the heat is up a notch or two.  What a right pair of Tormenters you are :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Is life fair?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
We Gotcha Pete. ;):D:D:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Is life fair?
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 16:44:10 PM »
I hear from Jim Fraser it was 58 degrees in the sun and 39 in the shade a couple of days agoin Fethiye.  Far too hot for me and too hot to do anything.  I had a lovely walk around the shops with my Daughter & Granddaughter today and it was very mild and quite warm. I am not jealous of you lot roasting in the heat.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Is life fair?
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 17:53:24 PM »
yes you are Jacqui, or you wouldnt have answered. ;) :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Is life fair?
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 19:39:06 PM »
Really, I am not, we stay away July and August, like to come in May and September, neither of us can take the really strong hot weather.  We only came to Calis once in July when we were buying our Villa and that really did us in. When we retire we will have to come over just part of every year and avoid the hot months. I was told that a lot of the Turkish people go to relatives in the mountains in the Summer to avoid the heat. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 20:19:39 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf