Author Topic: Receiving Parcels  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Pauline4Pete

Receiving Parcels
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:39:10 AM »
I am beginning to think it I have more problems than most people when it comes to receiving parcels. When on a visit to the U.K I sent some items back to be delivered on my return to Calis, nothing elaborate just a few purchases such as large reed baskets a couple of picture frames. I also included a few items still to bring over such as board games and ornaments. No food nothing electrical, should be a breeze right......wrong!
Total 11 items value £117. I am being told a Power Of Atourney document signed by the notary is required because the value exceed the limit of ...wait for it 75 Euro. Apparently, according to the brokers UGM, the limit was reduced last month.  So the upshot is the broker now wants 218 TL to deliver it plus the POA doc with a copy of my passport. If you can make any sense of this please share your knowledge with me.

Offline screamlead

Receiving Parcels
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 14:14:42 PM »
Parcels into turkey cannot exceed 100TL in value otherwise they get grabbed and extras charged like yours did Pauline. The only exception is During ramadam and bayram when 300TL in value is accepted.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf