Author Topic: Advice on where to stay please  (Read 2500 times)

Offline nbristow

Advice on where to stay please
« on: November 28, 2011, 23:31:36 PM »
Hi. I'm looking to come to Calis next year in August. I normally stay at Hotel Club E which is excellent. However, next year I am coming with a larger group (4 adults + 1 child) so am looking for an apartment. Two complexes have come up in my searches:
1) Lissa Gardens
2) Seaside Residence

Would anyone be able to advise between these two or recommend anywhere else? I like to be central but in a quiet location.

Thanks
Neil

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 23:57:48 PM »
Welcome Neil  :)

Both are nice complexes, Lissa Gardens (if you don't know already) is across the main road from where Hotel Club E is, so you can appreciate it's a good location. Seaside is at the far (other) end of the prom but still central enough for the seafront. Hard to choose between them I'd say, if you like the general area of Club E then Lissa but either would be a good choice.

You can have a look to see if there is anything you fancy at www.calisvilla.co.uk - but most are booked for August now.

Hope that helps a bit!

Offline nbristow

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
Thanks for info. Does anyone know if joylettings are safe and reputable? Bit worried about paying a 50% cash deposit upfront.

Thanks
Neil

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »
I don't know Joy Lettings but think you have a right to be worried, 50% is steep imho.

Can Club E not accommodate you with that size of group then? Thought they had some apartments/large rooms in the "penthouse" area?

The other apartments I know of are Bambu but not sure if they have a suitable space for your size group.

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Hello Neil, we live opposite Lissa Gardens and had a look when they were frist built and remember that the rooms are very small.
May be worth looking at owner's direct website for something as you can see internal photos and normally a very good description. They also have an availability page so you can see if its available.

Offline Lynn25

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 17:43:44 PM »
Hi Neil,

We stay at Seaside every year & can't recommend it enough, quiet but not too quiet, near the sea, a couple of local shops just outside the complex & only a 10 min slow stroll to the front. 3 pools, night security, lovely grounds staff who are very helpful.  Never had reason to complain.  We have only ever booked with Joy Lettings on 1 occassion, because the villa we normally use was already booked.  We felt the same way as far as 50% deposit was concerned & emailed our concerns and managed to negotiate a lower deposit.  We see their rep every year coming & going to check on clients etc so that also seems to have improved because we were kept waiting for them on our day of departure to return the breakage deposit & take keys etc,which was a bit of a concern as we had a taxi waiting & the rep then was quite hard to track down. You may want to try Owners Direct too as their prices seem to be more competitive & you have the opportunity to speak to and deal with the owners of the property. Hope it helps

Offline hoops man

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
i know of a villa just been sorted for rentals in great location and its beautiful. For details e mail me and ill send details. Cheers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf