Author Topic: Catch up UK TV  (Read 11279 times)

Offline barry44544

Catch up UK TV
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 21:05:54 PM »
Hi stoop. got mine back Fethiye now. You do need a vpn to watch iplayer and catchup.
but the films and other things works ok without.
not joined the sports stuff yet... but hey £36 a year is cheap.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Catch up UK TV
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 21:54:56 PM »
I would suggest paying for 3 months as  they have had a plug in problem. However they have released a browser version which is very good. Watched  sky sports 1 hd tonight and it was brill!

Offline happy_flyer

Catch up UK TV
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 23:00:23 PM »
Mine is w orking brilliantly in the uk and will try it in Calis from 14th April. My only concern is whether the hotel tv will have hdmi socket on it to make it work but i'll only find out when i get there.I will let you know .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Catch up UK TV
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 23:07:15 PM »
Some of them aren't modern enough to even have a scart socket Alan :D

Offline happy_flyer

Catch up UK TV
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 21:48:40 PM »
I won't hold my breathe then lol Only three days to go now can't wait to see the villa we are renting from August onwards.
We're staying at the Manas Park and aparentley it has had an refurb so we never know.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Catch up UK TV
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
Just watched the GP on my apple tv via Flash Sports streams. Awesome picture and without doubt the best £115 I've spent in ages.

I also found another portal last week called Navi-X which is part of the jailbreak package and, put simply - it has just about every film/tv program you could ever want to watch and it's free. I found the full series of Happy Days and we watched the very first episode (which wasn't that funny actually as the Fonz was not in it that much and the credits had him on the last page).

We also watched The Iron Lady last night as we missed it at the flicks. Again and awesome feed and not one hiccup in 1.5 hours.

I even managed to watch the semi final at work yesterday lunch as it's also available on the computer. Although I do find the Apple TV/Ipad option is much smoother but that's probably my processor.

Well made up:D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:04:54 AM by stoop »

Offline happy_flyer

Catch up UK TV
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 20:35:05 PM »
As we  came to expect the tele in the hotel was from the ark, huge great box thing, lol so tried it in a friends tele which did have HDMI socket and WOW, Brilliant as you said best buy i've had in a long time.

Back at the hotel i invested in Expat . net to fooled the laptop it was in UK so could watch all the uk stuff she wanted to see. Soaps mostly but i did get to watch the Grand prix so not all bad.

Expat is only £5 a month so well worth it until we get over there and buy a new Tele to watch the Apple Tv on.

Offline barry44544

Catch up UK TV
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
got my apple tv and my internet smart tv working great.
I would suggest that anyone who go's this route get
a dd-wrt flashed router. get one in the uk as
not easily got in Turkey.
But spoilt for choice now.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Catch up UK TV
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:33 AM »
Try and find Navi-x - it should be under xbmc/programs/ navi-x.

Enjoy! Lots to choose. I'd say about 75-89% work fine and some of the movie feeds are spot on!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Catch up UK TV
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
It's worth remembering if you have an 'enhanced' Apple TV then under no circumstances should you update the software! This will probably get rid of the files you need to access the extra channels.

Also be very careful if you connect it to your itunes account as this might ask you to update the itunes software whilst the apple tv is connected. This might have the same effect so be very careful.

Of course if the worst happens you can usually jailbreak it again but I think you will either need help from someone who knows how to do it or a connection for your PC so that you can download the files and do it yourself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf