Author Topic: BBC i player.  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Carpete

BBC i player.
« on: May 03, 2012, 18:19:10 PM »
Not sure where to put this but someone on here usually helps me! I have  downloaded about 8 progs via BBCi player onto my netbook. This has used up my 4G space. Questions. 1. Will these play ok in Turkey? 2.Will it compromise my netbook speed, I will be using a dongle. 3. Can I download these programmes onto a date stick and if so, how do I do it :-\
Thanks.
Techno thickie!

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BBC i player.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 18:29:06 PM »
I assume you mean 4GB space - ie memory on your hard drive?  I'm not an expert on iPlayer but my thoughts:

1. If you have downloaded them onto laptop and iPlayer has not a built in time limit to watch them - yes. You say though that you are using a dongle which would suggest that you haven't downloaded anything and want to use the dongle Internet connection to watch them. If so then No, as iPlayer cannot be watched overseas without using a VPN to hide your location - a bit complicated to explain via this text

2. No more than it would in the UK. The laptop may slow down a bit though if it's memory/hard drive is nearly full
3. Open p windows explorer, plug I your memory stick and drag the files from their current location to your memory stick. Again though I did not think the BBC/iPlayer wold allow you to do this

Offline Carpete

BBC i player.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 22:47:42 PM »
Thanks, I have downloaded them in the UK onto my netbook. The idea then is to watch them when I am in Turkey if thats possible???

Offline Merlin

BBC i player.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »
downloads via iPlayer incorporate Digital Rights Management (DRM) and require a connection to playback authenticating you are in the UK.

Offline Firo

BBC i player.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »
You'll need to use a VPN which gives you a UK IP address....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf