Author Topic: Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
One of the great things about this forum is the ability to pick up great advice and  information that proves to be an absolute gem. Some years ago, after we had a terrible experience in the fish market, CBF member KKOB recommended we visit the Oztoklu which is in fact just through the walkway in the fish market inside the fruit and vegetable market. We followed his advice and what great advice it proved to be. Oztoklu is a small family run restaurant with Rahim and Melahat in the kitchen with Yalcin and Rukiye out front. Rukiye or Yalcin will take you into the fish market and help you pick your fish, they also make sure you are charged the correct price, but to be honest, we now let them get the fish as we know that they always get the best quality. We started with a mixture of calamari and Prawns, these are seved in a sauce that Rahim creates, this sauce is a secret recipe and is just delicious. Chris likes fish but has trouble with the bones, so we ordered a fillet of sea bass which was cooked to perfection and almost bone free.

Oztoklu is a remarkable little place, with the hundreds of restaurants in Fethiye, they are listed in the top 20 on tripadvisor which I think is a big achievement and something they are very proud of. So I have to say a big thank you to CBF and KKOB for pointing out this absolute gem.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »
We've been twice in the last 2 weeks, their calamari is my favourite food in the whole of Fethiye.
Dad isn't keen on garlic So they made him his own special sauce yesterday to go with his prawns and he loved it. Lovely family, and consistently fantastic food and friendly service
Rukiye is back any day now with the twins

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
we intended to try it in April, but ran out of time (always the case on our holidays - always come to an end too quickly).  We plan to visit on or next trip, but are always very wary as Mr Pookie is allergic to shell-fish so we have to ensure that the fish is always cooked on seperate griddles etc.  Do we know if this is the case here ?  otherwise I may need to review the life insurance policy cos I am definitely having the prawns !!! ;): :)

Offline thebillet

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 14:12:20 PM »
We love the place too but don't always look forward to the ahem, climb, to the loos! As you say a lovely family, video clips and everything of the family last visit. Got to be garlic prawns every time, we keep saying we'll do something else but we never do.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 14:59:29 PM »
Thanks for that Rimms and the next time you're there give Rukiye a kiss from me and Jen.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »
Will do with pleasure Alan and Chris will give Yalcin a kiss from Jen.

Offline ceni

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »
Please tell Rukiye we are trying our very very best to get back for a visit while she's still in Fethiye.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
Will do Jennie, I never fail to be amazed how popular the Oztuklu family are among their customers, I think it's probably because of their sincerity rather than the love of your money often demonstrated elsewhere over here. We are really looking forward to seeing the twins who have grown so much from the little baby,s they were when we last saw them. Yalcin showed us some pictures of them last week.

By the way, for anyone who would like to try Oztoklu, there are two sets of meals for two people in the promises auction. You can send in an Internet bid and if successful you will have a lovely meal " in the bank" for when you next visit.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 19:50:28 PM »
we visited the restaurant last week having not been over there for a meal for a couple of years :(

my god the meal and service was fabulous, we opted for some prawns for starters and a sea bream for main meal, it was all cooked to perfection, and all the family are an inspiration :)

we shall be back in spetember for more:D

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 00:58:07 AM »
I too, due to recommendations on this forum went to the Oztuklu Restaurant and since my first visit, wouldn't eat anywhere else in the Fish Market.  What a lovely family they are - they make you so welcome. Superb food and no rip-off fish prices here. Looking forward to my next visit  8)  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf