Author Topic: Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant  (Read 6115 times)

Offline casacluggo

Re: Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 18:21:32 PM »
Hi folks, very interesting posts. Every time my wife and visit the fish market we choose the best & freshest produce on offer and then take it to a restaurant named Ceter, who  cook it for  @ 5 Lira.  plus chips , salad  & garlic bread  it works out as a very cheap meal plus the extras knowing that you yourself have bought the best  star of the show, namely the fish.  Are all these recommendations  for bringing your own bought produce from the market and cooked by the restaurant, or the whole meal provided by the same ?

P.S. We love the whole thing. Captain Birds Eye , turn in your grave!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 18:51:29 PM »
Do you know what the best and freshest is? I always go over with Recep and we have whatever he suggests. It would be great to learn more and make an educated choice  :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fish Market - Oztoklu Restaurant
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 19:55:32 PM »
Yes Keith, I always ask Yelcin which fish is best, last year he introduced me to what he called white tuna, it was absolutely delicious and as cheap as chips.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 21:12:00 PM »
In the early days we bought some prawns and fish and took them over to Recep.He took one look at the prawns,asked who we got them off,took them over and threw them at the guy followed by an earbashing.Recep then sent his son to another stall,smiled at us and said "it will just take a bit longer,what do you want to drink ?".Lovely guy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 21:17:43 PM »
And it was there that I met you Kevin I think  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 22:14:37 PM »
Indeed it was Keith,We had taken our non english speaking gardener for a day out to Cadianda (a fun day,he was navigator) then treated him to a fish supper at Receps.I can't remember if Crabbit was with you.Recep is best friends with my Turkish son-in-law so every time we meet it's a bear hug,two smackers and "hello father", !!     :)   :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 22:36:14 PM by kevin3 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 23:06:01 PM »
Yes we love going to see Recep, he's such a character and has a wicked sense of humour, quite exceptional sometimes.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 23:39:03 PM »
We were eating there one lunchtime and my late mom in law passed out with the heat.Recep took over,shouting his guys to fetch cold water and towels.His son asked where we had parked,took my keys and fetched the car from the otopark and parked outside the entrance.It was about concern not commerce. Treasures.

Offline casacluggo

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 17:14:09 PM »
Hi Keith, My old man, a master mariner brought us kids up on fish , as a Manxman he educated us on what to look out for in buying fresh fish, ie, clear eyes, bright red gills which have to be opened to inspect and of course  fresh fish does not smell fishy, if it smells of fish it is stale. I will be in the fish market in 4 weeks and am looking forward to trying Receps for a change. Is it OK to take my own bought fish ? If so what is the charge for cooking it?
Many thanks ,   Ivor & Gill.  :)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 19:19:33 PM »
Tried Cem Can for the first time for a change and it was very good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf