Author Topic: Help  (Read 2381 times)

Offline billy3107

Help
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »
It has probably been covered before, i have just got my residency permit and want to install wireless internet in my appartment with no telephone unlimited download and be able to connect my dream box to it to run my TV Package at the moment i am connected to my neighbour to run my TV  Who is the best provider do they supply a router and i believe i need an electrician to bring the broadband into my appartment If someone could give me a simple set of instructions because i am not very computer literate and familiar with the procedure to have the internet installed

Offline jackstee

Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 19:11:51 PM »
I did mine a couple of months ago.

Unless your in a wyfy zone then you will need a cable connected to your house. This will be for a telephone or/and a wireless broadcast thingy(mind not working at the moment.)

We got our connection done by the TTNet building by the cinema . Done within 24 hours and connected next day. It's supposed to be 8mb download but in our area we only get 3.5.And supposed to be unlimited.

I got the wireless thingy from one of the shops and they fitted it and connected my computers.
You can get a free one but this involves signing a contract for one year and I did not want to do this.
Cost per month is about 61 TL for internet and 25 for the line (telephone) rental. you have to purchase your own telephone.

With 2 computers running we normally have no problems when both watching TV or films and as I used a dongle before, it's now a lot cheaper.

Offline maximumtom

Help
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 19:44:25 PM »
Be aware that there are two things you need to be aware of.  The speed of the connection ( how fast the internet stuff gets to your computer) given in mbps ( mega bits per second)  and the total amount of stuff you can download ( file size if you like) given in GB ( Giga bytes). Now BE CAREFUL because what TTNET call 'unlimited' (LIMITSIZ)is not what you and I would call unlimited. Each of the LIMITSIZ packages actually has a download (GB) limit. If you exceed the download limit, TTNET reduces your speed to 1mbps. I watch a lot of football and UK TV and listen to a lot of UK Radio.  I find that the package that gives a speed of (up to ) 8mbps and allows 100 GB of download suits me.  It costs 89 TL per month. It is possible to monitor how much you are downloading on the TTNET website.
Another note of caution: TTNET has a help number 444 0 375  then 99 for English speaker. I have never come across a help site with so few people who have any idea what they are talking about.

Offline billy3107

Help
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:39:08 AM »
Thanks both of you for your help, So in a nut shell TTNETT do everything   Put your phone line in  give you a router[if you sign up for 1 year]  connect it all up so you have wi fi  but ineed to be carfol which unlimited download package of the 2 i go for I am not bothered about a house phone but i need a phone line to connect my router to for my wi fi   At thr moment my dreambox runs from my neighbours internet connection and the picture occasionally sticks will this be because of the slow internet download speed my neighbour has

Offline screamlead

Help
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »
They wont connect it up at all - they will only deliver the line to the house. If you have no telephone sockets already installed then you need someone to drill holes through the walls, install a socket and then connect it all up.

Offline Libra

Help
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 13:58:57 PM »
...and don't mention you use your neighbour's internet connection , it's illegal (and slow because the bandwith is being shared ). But it would be good to ask your neighbour what kind of connection they use. Might help you about what to choose.

Offline billy3107

Help
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 18:12:02 PM »
Thanks everyone all the posts have been helpful

Offline billy3107

Re: Help
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »
All done and dusted in 2 days quite painless actually

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf